Sneak Peak #4!

A/N: Okay, I actually finished my first draft. The ending is completed; there are just some things I have to go back and edit and also some scenes I have to add in. I'm not sure how I want to publish this in terms of just publishing an e-book or actually sending it in to publishers. Decisions, decisions. Anyway, enjoy the sneak peak; it's a scene I completely changed. If you got this far, you'll know which scene it is.

I turn to him, hovering over him a bit. I find his eyes and say, "I love you, Lucas."

He reaches upward to cup my face with his hand. "I love you, too, Isobel."

Then I lean down and press my lips to his. In this moment, everything feels good again. "I missed you so much."

I lie down next to him and roll over onto my side before taking his hand in mine. "I missed you too. I wanted to do that for months."

Lucas nods and kisses me again. In the midst of his kisses, he pulls me on top of him. He looks up at me and lifts my shirt a little, never taking his eyes off mine. I let him and he runs his thumb across the skin just above my waistband. My skin is sensitive to his touch and it sends chills up my spine and, this time, I kiss him.

I help him get his shirt off, gently pulling it over his head. I feel his muscles tighten when I touch his chest and before I can ask him what's wrong, he says, "It's been awhile . . ."

"We don't have to if—"

The rest of the sentence is lost, as his lips find mine. This time, the kiss isn't so gentle. His teeth tug at my bottom lip and his tongue makes its way into my mouth. At some point, my body relaxes. I let go and melt into his embrace.

I'm suddenly more aware of my senses. I can smell his cologne and I taste the lingering mint from the gum he'd been chewing less than an hour ago. I can feel how soft his hands are on my skin.

Lucas reaches into the nightstand drawer and grabs a condom in a blue wrapper. I don't ask him why he has them or if he assumed we were going to do this. None of that matters right now because my body burns with want for this, for him.

Soon, we're a mess and we're exploring each others' bodies and clothes end up on the floor and my skin's pressed to his. I help him roll the condom on and when he tries to get in the first time it doesn't work. We roll around the bed, trying different positions until he sinks into me with parted lips.