Inspiration

Fan Cover by @You_are_whipped

Ambers pov:

Placing the last tube of chapstick with the others, I smile in content, finally being able to look at the finished masterpiece.

"That took forever." I mutter to myself, looking through all of the chapsticks I have collected over the year or two.

Thank the lord it took Chaptick two to three years to expire.

It makes sense though, do you know how hard it is to finish a chapstick?

I always end up losing them before running out, it's actually depressing.

Hold on, maybe I should tell you who I am before you start to think that I am insane.

I'm Amber, and my addiction is...

Okay wait!!

It's not like, that I swear!

I wouldn't use the word addiction, more like...

A little more than a liking, or an obsession that may come off as an addiction.

But they are different words....

So they must have different meanings.

Obviously.

My liking for collecting chapstick didn't just come out of nowhere though.

I promise you, I didn't just wake up one day and decide that I wanted to start collecting chapstick for no particular reason.

It was a turn of events that made me into the person I am today.

Looking above my collection of chapsticks, I stare at the picture of my mom just weeks before it happened.

She was beautiful.

Actually, the best mother any child could have asked for.

She put others before herself every single day of her life.

Even if that meant risking her health and...

Herself.

My mom was a strong, brave, and determined woman who deserved life itself...

Losing her was like if the sun decided to never come up.

Darkness, loss, and emptiness.

Me and my dad...

We struggled.

Not seeing her cheerful smile everyday, or making us happy in any situation, really took its tool on us.

You never realize how much you need someone until they are taken away from you.

Nature made its decision, we just wish we could have at least been ready for the grief and sadness that came with it.

Dad and I knew that we had each other, but mom was just one of a kind.

She's my inspiration.

Since she passed, after awhile, we somewhat got our lives back on track.

My dad learned how to be a single parent, with that being balancing is job with taking care of me and the house.

I was proud of him, he took on the responsibilities of fulfilling the job of two parents head on, and I couldn't have wished for a better dad.