This Isn't Goodbye

Aria's POV
I cannot remember the last time I paid attention to where I was while inside the airport. For years and whenever I had to leave the country, I was always surrounded by people, nearly half of them were hired to make things easier for me before I get on the plane.
Tonight, on my first time ever to take a red eye flight, I am alone.

Right now, my entire family is back in the condotel I rented for the past weeks. Goodbyes, a string of habilins, hugs and kisses were done inside our van in the parking area, before they walked me to the airport entrance. Another round of tight hugs, then I was allowed inside.
And for the past hour or so, I've been on my own -- a bit hesitant, a little confused as I went about all the processes that eventually led me here, in a dimly lit lounge that smelled faintly of freshly baked bread, brewed coffee and expensive cologne.

I've checked in my two luggages, and now gripping the straps of my carry-all tote as my eyes looked for an emoty seat.
Instead I found him. Tristan.
He's about three meters away, standing by the glass window talking to Margaery. He is holding a water bottle, while she's holding a phone and the straps of her leather backpack. I'm too far to hear but at almost midnight, they seem to be talking animatedly, occasionally looking out the glass window.
I had to take my eyes off them. Why am I even looking?
I continued walking, unsure where I'm headed but I keep an eye out for an emoty seat. The business lounge is almost full. Is everyone here a passenger?
Am I the only one here who's... alone?
Do I even mind? I shouldn't.
But who am I kidding? With Tristan here, and even if I don't want to, I just feel even more alone.

I absently laid a hand on my tumny. I'm still not showing yet, even if I can feel my little one, our little one, slowly taking over my body.
Oh, God. What is that smell? A meat pie? A pork bun, maybe? I think I want a cashew and caramel cookie. Do you want those, baby?
I'll find a seat later. I need to get my hands on those goodies! Ugh, these cravings are crazy!
Do you know that your daddy's here, baby?
He's even more gorgeous than the last time I saw him! And his hair is a bit shorter, and he's wearing this blue shirt that looks so good on him and...
And he's with Margaery. You know, his soon-to-be wife?

Perhaps, I shouldn't have stared at him for more than a second. I'm sorry, baby.
I promise you'll meet him one day.
Let's get that meat pie and cookie first, okay?
Alright, here we go! Ooh, look, no line! Those look like –
"Aria?"
I really thought I'm ready, that I've got my shit together and I won't be a huge mess of frayed nerves and erratic heartbeat, pero Diyos ko po naman, his voice! The way he called my name!
It wasn't loud. It was soft and gentle, surprised and tentative and... excited? How dare he?

"Hi," I swallowed as I turned to face him. "Tristan," I squeaked. I jerked my chin as I met his eyes to mask my... excitement? Fear? "Kumusta." my voice was steadier. Good job, Aria.

He blinked. "I'm good. Uh, you're leaving?"

Now, I'm kinda confused with what I'm seeing. He seemed... sad? Scared? What? Why? "Yes, I'm... going... sonewhere," I carefully said. He doesn't have to know the details. I dpubt if he even cares.

But why on earth does he look like he's about to cry?

"For a vacation, I assume?" he spoke again as he stepped closer. "That's good. You need that," he's almost whispering now, and I don't know why my freaking memory was so easily triggered.

Because I am suddenly reminded that that's exactly how softly he would talk to me during breaks when we did that series and even, when we're together.

He'd talk with our faces so near, our breaths hot on each other's skin, our gazes locked as if every word said between us is a secret.

"Y-yeah," I blinked, still not sure why I'm nervous. I should've been used to having him this near without kissing him, should've been used to the thought that everything we have was gone....
Well, except one. Baby, can you feel how near he is? Can you hear my heart beat yet? This guy right here is your daddy.