Chapter 4: Green eyed monster

----------This is the chapter before last :3 Enjoii gaiz----------

When I woke up, Emily was stroking my hair and humming to her self, looking lost in her own world. I sat up straight immediately, worried that I might startle her. She jumped, and I sagged my shoulders. I am such a failure. Then she smiles, and takes my hand.

"It's okay, Reese. It's me! I remembered again. Isn't that amazing?" Emily's beautiful face is streaked with tears now, and I pull her in to my arms, holding her tightly.

"It's more than amazing. I don't know what it is, but I hope it keeps working."

"Reese, what if this is just a good patch? What if, after this it never comes back?" I sigh and pull back, looking down at her amused.

"You are the biggest pessimist I have ever met. Can we stop saying what if, and just say let's hope?" She smiles and nods, cuddling into my chest, and it isn't too long before she falls back asleep in my arms.

What ever is happening inside her head it is making her exhausted. Running my fingers through her hair, my mind daydreams from where my dream left off last night.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

After that day, Emily and I became closer than I ever was with any of my girlfriends. And we weren't even dating! Anyway, that day was a month ago, and I haven't been happier. Greg and Diego are joined at the hip, and most days i'm okay with that.

Other days, let's just say that Diego is not my favorite person in the world. Scratch that, everyday he's not my favorite person, just some days he's really not my favorite.

I grimace, because as soon as I think this I come upon the two aforementioned lovebirds sucking face against a classroom door before first period. Come on, really?! Before school even starts!? Walking up to them I pull them apart, making Diego gasp sassily and Greg go wide-eyed and pink cheeked. 

"Can you NOT do that, for like, ten seconds?! New relationships are great and all, trust me I know I've had plenty. It just gets disturbing after a while! Quit it!" Huffing, I straighten my clothes, grab Greg and drag him toward my locker.

"Hey!," Diego shouts behind me, "You can't just do that you overgrown child! Give my boyfriend back!" Yeah. Right. I keep walking, ignoring Diego's protests. Once we arrive at my locker, I release Greg and give him a shame look. 

"What? Stop looking at me like that! So we were kissing!"

"Kissing?! That is not classified as kissing! I'm surprised you weren't naked and on top of each other by then! It was gettin' there!" He grins, scratching the back of his head.

"Okay maybe you're right. We did get a little carried away."

"Tch, yeah. A little. Honestly, it's been a whole month. Get your hormones under control, man."

"Like you're one to talk! You had sex with like every girlfriend you had almost everyday!" I roll my eyes, but end up holding back a blush.

"I told you those things in confidence! Don't throw it back in my face!" He starts to laugh, but then he looks behind me and stops, abruptly clearing his throat. 

"What?" He points over my shoulder, and I look behind me and Emily is standing there, looking a bit pale.

"Em? What's up? Is something wrong?" She meets my eyes, and for a second I see a flash of something, but then she looks down, shakes her head and walks away.

I turn back to Greg with a confused look, but he just bite his lip, smacks my shoulder and heads to first period, me following.

"What did I say?" I ask him as we sit in our usual seats. He faces me with a sigh.