Chapter 1: Girls can be creepers too

"Reese, bro!" Turning at the call of my name, I grin as I see my best friend Greg Samuels heading my way.

"What's up man?" I ask, and he smiles hugely.

"You'll never guess. Allison just threw a total fit over you last period. I told you!" Ah.

"Dang. She seemed totally sane when I dumped her this morning! Well, here you go." I dig five bucks out of my pocket and hand it over to a grinning Greg. 

"I knew she was nuts. They all are, dude. Especially after you dump 'em." I sigh and shake my head. It's true. Every girl I date, I end up dumping, and some flip on the spot, but the rest break down later in the day.

Allison Denver, a tall black girl I had been dating for about a week, acted so level-headed we actually made a bet on it, Greg and I. He was convinced she was like the rest, and he turned out to be right. 

"Come on, you got your money. Let's get to class. Maybe we can trip some dweebs on the way." We laugh and high five, heading to our next period. Greg and I are the most 'popular' guys in school I guess you could say. The best looking by a long shot.

Greg has blond hair and blue eyes, he's muscular, and is equipped with way too much confidence. Well, no more than me at least. I, on the other hand, have black hair, that always seems to need to be cut, and dark brown eyes that the girls love for whatever reason. Oh, and my height. 6'7. They like that too, but If I was a girl I would be afraid of me!

I mean, with my sexy self towering over them? Eh. As long as they like it. Greg and I are also the bosses of the place. Bump into me, and you and up on the floor on a matter of seconds. Nerds better know their place, right? The lunch bell rings, and I get out of my seat with a yawn, not even realising I have been here the whole time.

What's new? On the way to lunch, I see something in the corner of my eye, but when I look all I see is a flash of long hair disappearing behind a cement pillar. 

"Hey hey hey, looks like someone else has already got their eyes on you, huh?" Greg says, reaching up to wrap an arm around my shoulder, but failing because of the height difference. When will he learn?

"Man. I am just too irresistible. Maybe you should punch me." 

"Psshh, I would sell my soul to look like you man. That is a blessing, not a curse!" True.

"That sounds weirder than you intended, I think." We both laugh and get in the lunch line, shoving to the front and daring anyone to object.

Afterwards, heading to our table, I feel eyes on me again but see no one this time. Ugh, would she just confront me already? This is the worst, having someone following you everywhere but too afraid to approach.

"Dude, you should go up to her this time. Maybe she might not be so wimpy then." Nah, that wouldn't work.

"I don't think so man. Whoever she is this time, she'd probably just run for the hills if I got any closer." He nods, and continues eating.

Girls look at me all through lunch, well so do guys but that's with envy and jealousy. Well, most of them I think. Either way I ignore them all, and maybe if I pretend not to notice the girl following me she'll show herself. Getting up to throw my tray away, I accidentally slam into someone. 

"Hey watch it---oh." I backtrack the jerk-mode as I look down into the biggest, grayest eyes I have ever seen. They also look terrified.

"S-s-s-sorry." She gets up and moves to scatter off, but I grab her arm and turn her to face me, recognising that long brown hair from before. I am about to speak, but I look down and see she looks so incredibly scared that I let her go. She runs off immediately, and I am left shell shocked.