Chapter One

Mariana P.O.V.

"There has to be a way to get out of this mess." I sighed to my mother sadly while running my fingers through my hair stressfully.

"Oh Mija..." she grabbed my hand in hers. We both missed the Lodge's. Our family.

"There is." My father stated as he walked into the dinning room where Mom and I were. My parents were business people. My father, a partner with mi tío, Hiram. Acting CEO of Lodge Industries, a multi-billion dollar company. My mother was a co-signer for the company, along with mi tía, Hermione.

I looked at him in confusion, "How?"

He put a hand on my mother's shoulder gently, "Pack your things. We are leaving. Tonight." I looked at my mom to see if she knew what he was talking about.

When she looked at him with a reflected expression of my own, I asked him, "Where are we going?"

He sighed, "Your uncle called. He's been let out of jail." I stood up in shock.

"What? When did he call? How long have you known?" I asked him curiously.

He put his hands out, telling me to calm down, "I just got off of the phone with him. He got out just an hour ago and will be going to our home town to meet with Veronica and Hermione. He wants us to meet him there."

"That's great news." My mother grabbed my dads hand with a smile while my father nodded.

"Wait..." I shook my head, "They just let him go? Just like that?"

"I didn't get around to asking questions but, it seems that way." My father informed me with a small smile.

"I'm sure V and tía are very happy about this," I said with a smile. "Are we moving there indefinitely?"

"Yes. No one knows where we will be going, don't tell anybody. Keep this from the press so that there will be no paparazzi when we get there. The last thing we need right now is more publicity." My father sighed.

I walked up to my dad, "So Veronica and Aunt Hermione, they don't know either?"

"Hermione does. Whether or not she told Veronica, I have no idea."

"I'll tell her not to. I want to surprise her." My father smiled and me and nodded. I stood on my tip toes and gave my father a kiss on his cheek. "I'll start packing." I had no problem leaving New York, except the fact that I had literally been living there my whole life. But Veronica has been my only friend besides a couple of other chosen people in my life. The only person that I cared about leaving in New York was my boyfriend Jackson.

"We are leaving in three hours. So if you want to say goodbye, I'd make it quick." My father told me, knowing it would be hard for me to say goodbye to Jackson.

I nodded to him and walked to my room, immediately pulling out my phone:

Me: Hey, can you come over?
I need to talk to you.
It's important.

I laid my phone down on my bed and took my luggage bags out of the bottom of my closet, laying them out on the bed, while getting a text:

Babe❤️: Yeah sure I'll
                  be there in a few.
                  Everything okay?

Me: I'll explain when
you get here.

I answered him and then began dragging clothes out of my closet, folding them and stuffing them all in my suitcases. I was only about twenty minutes in and not even close to finishing packing my clothes when there was a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in!" I yelled at whoever it was.

The door opened and in walked my boyfriend wearing his signature black leather jacket with a grey t-shirt underneath and grey skinny jeans with combat boots and his brown hair messy yet, it made him look edgy and sexy. The boy who had stayed by my side through everything that had happened this past year. It was safe to say that he was my rock these past couple of months. "Hey what's going on? There are boxes out in the living room and..." he looked around my room at the clothes I was shoving in my bags, "What's all this?" He asked me.

I sighed and sat on my bed, "I'm packing."

"Packing for what? What's going on?" He asked me with concern.

My heart began to clench, "Uncle Hiram was let out of jail today. He is going to meet with Veronica and Aunt Hermione. He asked us to meet him there indefinitely." I explained.

He shook his head, "What? Why?"

"I don't really know. All I know is I'm supposed to be packed in less than two hours. We're leaving tonight." I told him sadly.

He took a deep breath and looked down while putting his hands on his hips, "This is really short notice." I nodded sadly while dropping my head, "I'm coming with you." He stated.

I looked up at him wide-eyed, "No. I can't ask you to do that." I told him while I stood from my bed and walked toward him.

He gazed down at me while I felt butterflies take flight in my stomach while I stared into his dark eyes, "You're not. It's my choice." He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You've been here in New York your entire life Jay. I don't want you to give that up just for me." I told him sadly while I rested my hands on his arms.

"Just for you?" He asked me in disbelief, "Babe, you're the only reason why I'm still even here. I have no one else." I gulped and looked up at him, knowing he was right.

Jackson grew up in the foster system, he didn't know his real parents. He grew up alone until Veronica and I were walking home one day and got mugged. Jackson just happened to be around and chased down the guy, beat him to a pulp and returned our belongings to us. We would later find out that our fathers had hired him to watch out for us from a distance.

"Okay. I'll talk to my dad." He smiled and kissed me, I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him in closer while he hugged me to him.

We pulled away slowly, "So where are we going?" He asked me.

"A small town in Massachusetts."

"Mmmmm." He groaned with anticipation, "What's this town called?"

I smiled up at him, "Riverdale."

(A/N: VOTE AND COMMENT!)

Cast:

Lucas Castillo - Jay Hernandez
Alayna Castillo - Eva Longoria
Mariana Castillo - Becky G
Jackson Riener - Dave Franco