Chapter Two

Mariana P.O.V.

"Riverdale the town with pep!"

The older looking wooden sign read, while my parents were being driven in a black car in front of us, and Jackson and I on his blacked out Future Streetfighter Harley Davidson motorcycle that my parents had bought for him for his sixteenth birthday.

My parents had grown to be like his parents, and of course my parents loved it because they had always wanted a son. I know they love me but I could tell they wanted to know what it was like to have a son, and I don't mind because Jackson had never known what it was like to have real parents. Now he does.

The wind itself was chilly to Jackson and I, but me being pressed into his back with my arms around him, warmed me from the inside. I could never put into words just how much I loved this man, I felt so safe around him and so comfortable. I was so lucky that he was brought into my life.

A few minutes after seeing the Riverdale sign, we made it to the city and pulled up to an apartment complex called The Pembrooke. We all pulled up and got off the bike as my parents stepped out of the car.

My parents were smiling when they stepped out, then my dad wrapped his arm around my moms shoulders while they looked at each other in love, "Welcome home mi amor." Then he kissed her, I always loved how in love my parents were with each other. I remembered growing up with Veronica and us saying how we wanted what my parents had.

Jackson wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed my head, knowing what I was thinking. I looked up at him lovingly and realized, I didn't need to live with wanting what my parents had, I already had it. He smiled down at me, "What are you thinking about?"

I shook my head, "I still can't believe that you're here with me right now."

"Well you better start getting used to it. Because I'm not going anywhere unless you are right there next to me." I smiled at him and nodded while he kissed me on my lips.

We heard someone clear their throat causing us to pull apart and look up to see me dad with a raised brow and my mom giggling into his shoulder, "You two going to stay out here all night or can we go in?"

Jay and I laughed and grabbed our luggage from the trunk of the car and walked inside hand in hand.

"Okay so we have the apartment right across from Tío so we will put all of our stuff in there and then go say hello." My dad told us the plan. We all nodded.

We walked in to see the place already decorated, "This apartment and the one that Tío and Tía are in, are in my and Hermione's name just in case something like what happened to Hiram, was to happen. So we would still have somewhere to go." My mom told us while we set our bags down, "Mija, your bedroom is the first door in the left in that hallway, that last door is your fathers study, you know not to go in there." I nodded, still abiding by the rules from New York. "Um Jackson we don't have a third bedroom at the moment,"

"That's okay Laynie," he interrupted with the nickname he found for her, "I can find somewhere else to sleep. You don't have to worry about me." I felt guilty, and I could tell my mother did too.

"Are you sure Sweetie? We are more than happy to have you stay here with us." She offered.

"Yeah where will you go?" I asked him with a frown.

He shrugged, "I'll find somewhere. I'll be okay, really."

We dropped it, but I still felt bad.

I took my bags to my room. It had a window seat and was smaller than my room in New York but it was still big, I wouldn't complain even if it wasn't though.