Chapter 3

Curse of the Peters Brothers

Chapter Three

flashback..

"Hey Kitten. Are you ok?" Ewen asked Kit.

"Yeah, I'm fine." But she wasn't. Things hadn't been going well lately. Leland had left for his sophomore year of college at Clemson and the girls on her track team kept calling her a lesbian because she never dated. She was a tomboy. She didn't know how to be a girly girl that boys liked in their girlfriends.

She was sitting by the pond that Charlie lived in, lost in her thoughts when Ewen came up to talk to her. Ewen had always been sweet to her but they had never been as close as she and Leland had.

"Is this because Leland is gone?" he asked so sweetly it hurt.

"Yes. No. Maybe." she was confused about it enough, it made her even more confused to have to talk about it. "I'm just having a rough week."

"What's going on? You can tell me."

Sighing to herself, Kit decided that maybe it was a good idea to talk it out with someone so she told him, "I miss Leland, of course. He's my best friend," she shrugged, "but I'm upset because all the girls on the team are spreading rumors about me being a lesbian because I act like a guy and I don't date any of them. I mean I like guys. I really like guys. I just don't know how to act like a girl with them."

This was stuff for girls to talk about. Not Ewen. He didn't know the first thing about this. So he suggested the only thing that came to mind, "Why don't you work at being a girl? Wear dresses once in a while. You're seventeen now. A senior in high school. Dress to make the guys look. Then you'll start dating them." he shrugged as if it were obvious.

"Ok genius. Tell me where to start," she challenged, "because every time I think I'll do that I get so overwhelmed that I just want to ... never mind. This is stupid." Kit shook her head in defeat.

"Don't Emma or Lizzie have something cute and girly you could wear?"

"Yeah they probably do... at college."

"Well, let's go shopping. I'll take you. We'll go to those girlie stores and I'll tell you what makes you look hot." he offered.

"You would do that Ewen?"

"Hell yeah. You should know by now that any one of us would do anything for you, Kitten." As much as she liked Ewen, his nickname was getting kind of annoying.

They went shopping that afternoon. They even brought Molly along with them to help her pick out cute outfits. It was a dream come true for Molly. She'd never had a daughter to dress up before.

By the time they were done, Ewen was napping in the car and Molly had picked out about fifteen outfits for her to take home plus a couple of more formal things to wear. She had gotten her hair cut with layers and slightly highlighted. When they left the mall that evening Kit looked like a girl. But what's more is she felt like a girl.

The next day at school, Kit walked in wearing tight fitting cropped jeans with a red v-neck t-shirt, and red open toed platform shoes. Her hair was down in long red waves.

Someone wolf whistled behind her so she turned and saw Ewen, jaw dropped to the floor, "Damn Kitten! You look hot!" He grinned and threw his arm around her shoulders. Then whispered in her ear, "Now let's find you a guy."

Unfortunately the crowded halls of their high school caught the whole exchange from the wolf whistle to him whispering in her ear and rumors immediately started to fly that she and Ewen were dating. No matter how many people she told otherwise. Eventually she and Ewen just ignored it. They were friends and had become even closer that year because of it.