FOUR

FOUR

I hear my alarm go off but I could hardly move, I did not want to get up right now it is way too early and especially since it’s for school. I roll over and look at my clock, 5:30 AM, are flashing at me in red. I pull myself out of bed and walk to my bathroom; I looked at myself in the mirror, “My goodness I look like a zombie.” I thought to myself, I really did look awful, I saw my disheveled hair, there were slight bags under my eyes, and I looked so plain. I turned the shower on slightly above warm and brushed my teeth while I waited for the water to get hot. My thoughts were louder than my electric toothbrush. I still could not believe my mother, I thought they were doing okay again after the move from South Florida, I didn’t think she was going to do this to him again, we talked about it and she said they were over and this move was good for all of us because she would get away from him. Why would he be here? Did he seriously fly over here to see her? I want to yell and scream but it won’t do anything, I refuse to talk her about it because she does not listen to anyone, she thinks she’s always right. I toss my hair into a messy bun and jump in the shower and let the water wash away all my feelings that I don’t want.

As I’m washing my body I couldn’t help but think of Chase, I wasn’t expecting him to come this morning to get me but I was hoping he would anyway. I do that quite a lot, say something and wish for the exact opposite. I decided against washing my hair because I don’t exactly know how it’s going to dry and right now it’s has the wavy, beach look, which I actually like. I stay under the water after I’m done washing my body because I don’t want to get ready for school, I enjoy my summer for the most part, I just wish we moved to California earlier then the beginning of August. As I get out of the shower my hair is dripping and I take my towel and wrap it around my hair and roll it up, then take another towel and wrap it around my body.

When I walk out of the bathroom I see him sitting on my bed, looking as perfect as ever. It freaked me out a little bit mainly because I did not understand why he just let himself in, but I was still glad he did. He was just sitting on the bed staring at me, and then I remembered I was in a towel. “Holy moly, what are you doing in my room?” I yelled quietly, I tried to make it sound hard but you could tell I wasn’t that serious. “Hurry and get ready, school is about 30 minutes away and it’s already 6:13.” He completely ignored what I just said, how rude of him. He got up and went downstairs to wait for me. I had no idea what I was going to even wear, but I’ll probably play it low key. I wanted a dress because I hate dresses but I also wanted to wear jeans because I wasn’t sure how everyone would dress. I looked through all my tops first and decided to wear a plain white tank top, my washed out light blue jeans, my light brown belt, with my black cardigan, with my black and white converse. I walk over to my vanity and sit down debating how much makeup I’d wear. I decided to wear light eye shadow with mascara; I tend to use a bunch of different types of mascara because it makes my eyelashes appear longer.

I walked out the door and downstairs seeing Chase sitting at the bar drinking orange juice. When I got to the last step it creaked softly but just enough so he could hear it and he turned his head. There it was again, the crooked smile with the head tilt, it made my knees weak every time. How could someone be this beautiful? Okay, let it go and breathe. I thought to myself. “Are you ready to go?” I asked him. “Have you eaten breakfast yet?” I nod no, “that’s what I thought, eat something and then we’ll go.” Why does he boss me around like this, it makes my skin crawl. I go to the kitchen and grab a bowl and pour some cereal, Capn’ Crunch with the berries, my favorite of all time. As I’m about to pour the milk I look at his face and it’s making a yuck look, “What’s wrong with your face?” I jokingly say. “What the heck are you putting into your cereal? That is not milk.” Oh goodness this guy, “It’s rice milk, it tastes a lot better and is healthier than actual milk. It’s my favorite.” I say continuing to pour my milk. I look at him and he’s still making that face and it makes me laugh. I take my spoon and take a bite, “YUM!” I moan taking another spoonful and offering it to him, “Try it.” I look at him. “No, that’s disgusting.” I look at him and pout, “Please? For me?” Then I see his face instantly turn into a pout too, “That was evil, and you knew that would work on me.” He took the bite and ate it. Once he swallowed his face changed, “Okay, I’ll give it to you, it’s pretty darn good.” I just smiled at him. I finished my bowl of cereal as quickly as I could because I didn’t want us to be late for school. We walked out to the car and he held my hand, he opened the car door for me and I got in.