Three

A week and a half went by and I didn’t hear anything from him. I hung out with Emily and helped her watch Summer every once and a while. Summer was the cutest baby I have ever laid eyes on, she had piercing blue eyes, blonde curly hair, rosy cheeks, and the cutest smile.

Friday night we decided to go out with a few of Em’s friends for dinner and bowling, which I am completely awful at but find it extremely fun. We ended up meeting all of them at a cute little bistro. “Elizabeth this is Tyler, Samantha, Dylan, Alexander, Allison, and Megan.” I’m awful with names so I’m hoping I can remember most of them. “Nice to meet you all.” They all smiled and agreed. “Of course Chase is late for dinner, he always makes everyone wait for him.” I think Allison said that but I wasn’t too sure, she was standing next to Megan. I just looked at Emily and she whispered, “I told him you were going to be here expecting him to show up because he has been MIA this past week.”

My stomach dropped when I saw him, he was with a girl. He walked up like it was nothing. “Hey guys, I’m starving let’s get some food.” He starred straight at me. Emily grabbed my arm and linked with me as we walked in. I was so upset, how could he do something like this I thought something was starting.

We sat down and Chase sat directly in front of me, Emily was on my right, and Alexander sat down next to me on the left. He was tall, nice white teeth, blue/gray eyes, tan skin from the sun, and blond hair. He was handsome in the kind of way a preppy kid is expected to be, but handsome nonetheless. “Where are you from again?” Alexander asked me. “Florida.” The restaurant was extremely noisy. I made small talk with Alexander during dinner. When we were done we all stood outside talking for a little while, it was only 8:30, which to me seemed early so I don’t understand why I was so tired. Alexander stood next to me the whole time, which I found very cute.

“Okay, let’s go bowling now!” Emily squealed and everyone looked at her. Alexander looked at me the whole time and asked, “Do you want to drive with me? I mean if you want to.” He seemed nervous and it made me smile. “I’d love to.” He took my hand and walked with me to the car. He didn’t open it like Chase did but they’re two different people so I can’t compare them to each other. He drove a newer car, a Nissan 350z, which is one of my favorite small sports cars and he even had it in manual. The windows were down and the radio was turned up to some dub step station or something. “Alex. You can call me Alex if you want, a lot of people do because they don’t like saying my whole name.” I liked the name Alexander it seemed classier. “Do you mind if I call you Alexander? I actually really love that name.” He tilted his face to the said in confusion, “You actually like my name?” I nodded my head yes. “I don’t mind when you say my name, it sounds… good. You can call me anything and I’m sure it would still sound nice coming from your lips.” He is such a flirt but I can help but smile. He takes my hand and holds it the whole way there.

We finally arrived to the bowling ally and he pulls up and parks next to Emily who is parked next to Chase. Emily comes to open my door to talk to me. “She’s not a good girl and means nothing to him. I’m sorry he turned into a jerk so quickly; he’s just messed up. I guess he couldn’t handle how you made him feel.” I didn’t say anything because I was afraid I’d start crying about it. All of us went in to get a lane. We ended up getting two lanes that were right next to each other. Allison, Dylan, Emily, Alexander, and me were all on one lane while Tyler, Samantha, Megan, Chase, and Madison I think her name was were on the other lane. We were four rolls in and I was getting a score of 28 while everyone else was getting around 40 points. “Have you ever bowled before or what?” I heard Chase mumble. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. I went up to grab the ball and Alexander followed me. “Here let me help you.” He stood next to me and I could feel his body pressed on mine and he held my hands up to the ball, pulled it back and swung forward and let go. I knocked down seven pins and I screwed out loud. “Good job, you got the hang of it. Now you can do it yourself.” I could feel Chase gawking at us. “Maybe I don’t want you to let go of me.” I said shyly. “Good because maybe I didn’t want to.” He replied. He helped me again and I knocked down one more pin.