• You Are My Band Aid •

Any era☆ 

Today marks five years since you and Michael met, and every year for your anniversary Michael would spoil you beyond belief with extravagant gifts you always felt guilty about and romantic gestures that took your breath away. This year, however, you beat Michael to it and decided it was your turn to show him what he meant to you in your own special way.

"Y/N! I'm home!" 

Michael's voice echoed through the large hallway at Neverland, where you had been happily living with Michael for well over a year now. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked around, confused as to where you and the staff were. He poked his head around the living room door, but to his disappointment you weren't there.

He set his hands on his hips and squinted his eyes, taking a moment to listen carefully for any giggling that might indicate you were messing with him, but he didn't hear your laugh that he loved so much and decided to continue his search. He checked the kitchens, the dining room, the garden and even the bathroom, but he couldn't find you anywhere.

'Where has that girl got to?' Michael thought to himself, chuckling a little at his inability to locate you as he made his way to the staircase, preparing to head upstairs.

As if on cue, however, a bunch of fairy-lights illuminated the large banisters on either side, wrapped beautifully around the wooden rungs to create a magical atmosphere. It was only now that Michael was able to notice that a trail of white rose petals had been delicately placed on each step and, without hesitation, he followed it with a bright smile on his face.

He followed the trail like an excited puppy, down the long corridor until he reached your shared bedroom. In here the trail widened, and so did his eyes as he saw that the room had been beautifully decorated with even more fairy-lights hung around the perimeter of the room where the walls met the high ceiling. The scent of rose filled Michael's nostrils as he took a deep, calming breath before looking around to see even more white roses scattered around the surfaces and in vases on the windowsills. The whole room had a heavenly glow to it and it made Michael wish that you were by his side.

After a moment or so he noticed a small piece of paper laid against the record player that you shared, and a small, loving smile spread across his face when he recognised your handwriting. He carefully picked up the note, which read:

My love,

I wanted to find a creative way to express my love for you, and when I remembered this song that I used to love, I knew that it described the love that I have for you perfectly. 

Happy anniversary, darling Michael.

All my love,

Y/N xxx

He traced the letters of your name imprinted on the paper with love, holding the note to his chest and closing his eyes for a second to truly let your words sink in.

'How did I get so lucky?' he thought to himself, the image of your face in his mind meaning that he just couldn't help but smile.

With that in mind, he turned to your record player, where a 7 inch record had been placed on the turntable. He examined the label, which read 'Band Aid'~ Pixie Lott. Curiosity came over him at his unfamiliarity with the song or singer, and he soon switched on the record player. The sound of an upbeat, happy melody on the strings of an acoustic guitar filled the room, strings soon added on top before the lyrics started:

 When I met you I didn't really like you,

First impression was you were somebody who'd