0. Feng Xinya (i)

SPONSORED CHAPTER 1/4 BY DEAREST @Jade_Lily_Dragon!(via ko-fi)

"Mission complete!"

Xiao's voice echoed throughout the dungeon.

The rusted and bloody chains rustled as Xinya returned to his original world. As if he had never left, his wrists were confined once again, forcing him to stand. Even whilst constrained, he could feel a foreign strength within his body that wasn't there before.

He wasn't sure what kind of mission he had to complete, but from the fact that his "stats" had been allotted, Xinya knew that he'd certainly completed a mission. From his point of view, it felt as if he'd blacked out for no longer than a second with only an expanse of black nothingness to indicate that he'd left his world for another at all.

Although he especially hated anything related to mind and memory manipulation, Xinya had no room to complain this time as it was better for him to have no recollection over what had transpired as long as he was around. Thus, he put no more thought into the matter regarding his memories and focused on the other functions of the system.

For example, the rewards for completing missions were the fixed 50 stat points and the physical objects.

"Hey," Xinya ignored the burning sensation on his left hand as he called out to the silver rosary with his deep voice that was slightly hoarse as if it hadn't been used in a while.

Xiao only felt a myriad of complex emotions as he observed the man who was colder than an ice block just like when he first met him. Luckily, he was only a piece of jewelry, so his inner feelings and thoughts could not be shown on his "face."

"Reward."

Alas, there was one thing never changed throughout all those years. Xiao inwardly complained about his host's stinginess with words. Even with his lover, his host never spoke more than what was required. It didn't help that the little kitten didn't need much to understand what Xinya's intentions were.

Yet the almighty rosary's embedded ruby flashed in excitement as he recollected himself, "An unexpected reap!"

Pausing for maximum effect and suspense, silence drowned the mausoleum so that not even Xinya's vampiric breathing could be heard. After over two minutes of that awkward tension, Xiao no longer dared to draw things out.

"Ahem. The mission reward consisted of the standard 50 stat points, which you have already allotted with an additional egg with unknown origins! An egg! Isn't this totally a flag for a main character's OP pet?!"

Unfortunately, as opposed to the system's enthusiastic reaction to the reward, Xinya showed nothing whatsoever. He expressed neither disappointment nor happiness--just complete disregard, making Xiao wonder if he would have at least furrowed his brows if he had received the system god's "blessed" underwear.

"Uh," Xiao hesitantly asked, "Would you like to see it?"

The man who had the rosary tightly in his grip despite the adverse reaction of his sinful body towards a relic of holiness that was Xiao, ignored the question and seemed to no longer be paying attention to him at all.

Well, even after he met Xue Yang, Feng Xinya completely disregarded everything apathetically. Only towards his little Yangyang did he show even the slightest shred of humanity... Xiao pitied himself for contracting such a host whose motto was "silence is consent," yet more often personally used "silence is refusal." How could someone be so unreasonable yet so! Damn! Competent!

With his piercing golden eyes narrowed towards the bloodied ground beneath his feet, Xinya was immersed in his thoughts as he revised his former plans accordingly with the addition of the system's merits.