Xue Yang (iv)

In the end, Ye Xia chose the room closest to Feng Xinya's while Xue Yang's was the farthest away near the staircase. They both got cleaned up and by the time they finished their baths, the clothes they had ordered were already being placed into their spacious walk-in closets. After dinner, their furniture should also have finished being delivered and placed within their rooms.

Feng Xinya had fallen asleep on the couch. It was a dreamless nap, purely for resting his eyes. Xue Yang had finished readying himself before Ye Xia, so he walked down the stairs to see the large man defenselessly resting on the black sofa. His previous solemn and frozen countenance had softened considerably as he slept peacefully. Feng Xinya had already somewhat woken up when he felt another presence in the room, but he kept his eyes closed because there were only the two teenage boys in the house as well as the delivery men who went back and forth.

However, he suddenly felt the foreign presence approaching him and tightly seized whatever part was nearest to him, a slim and fair wrist. Hazel orbs clashed with pale green, alert and wary. He noticed that his crushing grip was turning the formally flawless white wrist an ugly shade of purple and let it go as it fell down to the boy's side along with the soft blanket in the boy's hands.

Sitting up, Feng Xinya said nothing. He felt that there was no need to apologize as he simply acted out in self-defense. Xue Yang seemed to have understood, though, and did not bug him for one. He just watched as Feng Xinya unhurriedly sat up from the sofa.

Xue Yang was now no longer in rags, and his formally messy and dingy, dull blonde hair was now almost snowy white--a bright platinum blonde. It was slightly overgrown, hiding his thin neck as the strands reached down to his heavily defined collarbones. His skin was still almost translucently white, to the point that his veins could be seen trailing across like tree roots. If he stood beside Feng Xinya, who stood at about 191 centimeters, the top of his head would barely reach the bottom of Feng Xinya's chest as Xue Yang was only 149 centimeters tall, which was considerably short for a boy his age.

He had on a loose, cream long-sleeved dress shirt that complimented both his pearly skin and platinum tresses, enhancing his natural elegance. The top two buttons were left undone, showcasing his collarbones and the unblemished white skin that sneakily peeked out from underneath the cloth. Under the shirt he wore black skinny jeans that highlighted and contrasted with the rest of his ethereally light figure. As he was indoors, he was walking around barefoot; his toes seemed to be the only part of his body with any semblance of color as they had a healthy pink hue at the tips.

Just before an awkward silence could ensue, Ye Xia, who was dressed in a white oversized knitted sweater and denim blue jeans that were rolled to above his delicate ankles, walked down the black hardwood staircase barefoot. His fluffy light ash brown hair bobbed up and down with every step he took. His appearance was like that of a cuddly teddy bear, making one want to bring him into their arms in a cozy embrace.

But, as always, that effect was lost on Feng Xinya as he simply swept his gaze over the boy before directing his focus back on Xue Yang's mossy hair.

Although Feng Xinya had given them a notebook with a variety of delivery services, Ye Xia wanted to appeal to the older man by trying to be a perfect housewife, "Why don't I cook tonight as a show of thanks for saving me?"

In the end, it took Ye Xia two hours to lay out three different meals onto the black glass dinner table with legs made of black oak. The chairs were part of the dining set, made of the same material and shade.

"Um...It's actually my first time cooking, so I'm sorry if it doesn't live up to your standards," Ye Xia came back in whilst rubbing the back of his head with his hand shyly and biting the bottom of his lip nervously. Then, he went back into the kitchen to bring out the food.