◈ Chapter 13: Bubbly Tuna ◈

"Congratulations for your dish! The first aperçu of the Pâte Bleue was a success" Komatsu smiled at you when you returned to the kitchens.

"I was a bit intimidated at first...The prince still held such a cold expression even though he said it was delicious" you said, some hair sticking to your head from your messy bun.

The prince was the newest addition to the Gourmet Summit. Next in line to the throne, he was about to be crowned soon to replace his father who caught an incurable illness. To meet his expectations, you passed hours to prepare the pastitio with the Viande Bleue and the Sauce Bleue. With the help of Komatsu, both the preparation and the appearance turned out successful. The moment your friend had a taste of the Pâte Bleue, he couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear and mumbled out things about how it was divine for his taste buds.

So much that he almost lost track of his own time on working on the Bubbly Tuna, a dish he must serve in three days before the Gourmet Summit. A Mermaituna only has 200 grams of this meat in its body, and only reaches its peak seven days after the capture. It becomes inedible after the seventh day. Right now, Komatsu was struggling with the sauce.

"You know what surprised me the most? The reaction he had the moment he ate the pasta" Komatsu told you.

"A-Aye...So strange coming from someone who looks so cold and emotionless" you sweatdropped as you recalled the memory.

Everyone was lined up against the wall while Prince Aleijah Kwoaktuez strutted inside the hotel's venue, followed by his guards. He had a strict expression upon his face the moment he entered Hotel Gourmet, cold blue eyes wandering around the place before it settled on the director and the manager. The latter was sweating profusely while he made eye contact with royalty. You and Komatsu were worst. Stressed couldn't even define properly how you felt at the moment, and your friend was trembling on his two feet.

The long-haired man stopped in front of Umeda who was smiling confidently, arms behind his back. The director bowed his head and the manager welcomed the prince to in his humble hotel. Not long after, you were all brought at the private floor of the hotel, specially reserved for the summit.

"I hope you will enjoy this dish: Pâte Bleue. Made with the special ingredients of the Viande Bleue and the Sauce Bleue, the pastitio will refresh your spirit and mind" you spoke with a tint of nervousness in your voice.

The prince dismissed you with one look that sent chills in your back. You thought for a moment that he was about to order your execution. You took several steps backward until you met the wall, beads of sweat rolling down your forehead. Picking up the golden fork in an elegant manner, he started to eat the pastitio slowly. Once done with the first bite, the man suddenly froze up, eyes widening like saucers.