Chapter 49

Sora and Riku walked to the other side of the park, and sat down on a bench that was painted a light sky blue color with bright green to make grass and what looked like flowers painted by kids. A few napkins were underneath a rock with a note saying not to litter when eating taped to side of it. A few kids were still running around, and Riku assumed that the woman sitting on the bench uncomfortably near was one of the kid's mother.

"You okay?"

The question surprised Sora, but once he got over the inital shock, he smiled and nodded, clutching his bag tightly close to his chest. He sighed, and turned to the table. He put his stuff down on it, and put his chin on his crossed arms.

"You know, I had a dream."

"About?"

Of course, Riku would never say he didn't care, because he did, but he wondered what this was about. Sora noticed, and let out a small laugh with a sad smile.

"It was about you leaving me. Someone showed up, but not necessarily Aiden, and tried to seperate us with words," Sora told him, looking away again. "I know we aren't exactly together yet, but I still don't want to lose you again."

"You won't. That was just a dream, don't worry," Riku tried to reassure him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"No it's not!" Sora snapped, slapping his hand away, turning to him.

His spiky brown hair shadowed his eyes, and tears were falling onto his soft fair cheeks. He trembled a bit, clenching his hands.

"S-Sora?" Riku stuttered, a bit surprised and scared.

"You don't know how many times I had a dream come true!" Sora cried, still not looking at him. "Me losing the rings way back then, though is was only in the pool. And so many other small things. Do you think I'd be worried about this now? A bigger thing?"

"I had that dream too...," Riku mumbled, but didn't have a dream like that again.

"See?! I been having them ever since I was young. Do you understand that? A kid having dreams that may come true," Sora told him through his tears. "That's not nice.."

"You won't lose me because I'll never leave you," Riku reassured him, his voice having a firm tone.

"I'm sorry, Riku. I'm just...I don't know," Sora mumbled. "I've been a nervous mess since a while ago. I feel like I'm only a bother."

"Look at me."

Sora didn't even move.

"Look at me. You mean so much to me," Riku told him, lifting his face to meet his. "I'll never ever leave you, promise."

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep."

"Who says I won't keep it?" Riku asked with a confident smile, but Sora's face didn't change.

"Me."

Riku frowned, and looked a way a bit.

"When did you become such a pessimist?" Riku mumbled, but turned back to Sora. "Well, I'll stay until I can, and even stay when I'm forced to leave."

"I'm no pessimist, you just don't want to face harsh reality," Sora responded, and lightly pushed him away with a small laugh. "Fine. I'll try not to think about the day we have to part."

"There you go again, but you know, I like you that way."

Riku leaned down to look into his eyes, and smirked.

"You know, I've been thinking. Wanna try to have a competition among our friends?" Riku asked, confusing Sora. "We'll be in teams, and the loser has to pay for the winner wherever they decide to go."