Chapter 10

~Riku sings the song above. You can play this now, or when he sings.~

Riku decided to watch the volleyball game, although it was a hard choice between the others. He was being annoyed by Axel, who said he just had to see the game. Riku got interested half way through the game, but Axel started to fall asleep. Roxas glared at him, and pushed him off his shoulder.

"Wha-"

Axel hit Riku with his elbow, making the other hiss in pain.

"Stop playing around," Riku said lowly.

Axel rubbed his eyes, and yawned. He stretched, purposely hitting Riku on the back of his head. Riku sighed in annoyance, but didn't say anything.

After a while later, a team won. The trio didn't care who it was, as they didn't have a certain team that they wanted to win. Riku stood up, a bit nervous about singing. Axel noticed, and stood up as well.

"Look, you're gonna do fine," Axel told him.

Behind him, the shorter teen nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. I've heard your singing. You're great," Roxas encouraged.

"Have you picked your song?" Axel asked as they walked to the auditorium.

Riku nodded. He opened the door, and saw people practicing. Riku noticed Sora pick a microphone. He shook his head and walked inside.

Riku reached the front of the stage, but Sora didn't notice. He started singing, making everyone turn to him.

"I put you high up in the sky, and now, you're not coming down," he sung softly.

Riku smiled softly.

"It slowly turned, you let me burn. And now, we're ashes on the ground."

Kairi noticed Riku, but ignored him. She continued sorting out papers, and let Sora sing for a bit.

"Don't you ever say I just walked away, I will always want you..."

Riku turned to Axel, who had pulled his arm. Axel pointed to the line of participants. Riku nodded, and glanced at Sora.

"I can't live a lie, running for my life. I will always want you."

Sora finally noticed Riku. They made contact, but the music continued, so Sora broke it off. However, Sora couldn't continue. He frowned, and walked away from the mic.

Axel pulled his arm when they were next. Kairi looked up, indifferent. She checked her papers, and then looked up again.

"Riku, you're last," she informed him, then a smile appeared on her face. "Don't be nervous. Everything will be fine. Just have fun."

Riku nodded, then walked to the stage. People were practicing, so Riku decided to warm up his voice. After a few minutes, everyone started to get ready as the audience walked inside the room.

Riku took a deep breath, and gave his friends a grin.

"Thanks guys," he said before they were told to sit down in the chairs near the stage.

Singers sung, but Riku didn't pay much attention. Everyone went, and finally, Riku's turn came. He noticed Sora was gone, but then realized he had to see the singers so he wouldn't be behind the stage.

'Why did I get myself into this?'

When Riku walked to the stage, he was surprised at the amount of people that had filled the auditorium. He was beyond nervous, but there was no backing out now.

While he walked to the center, he felt as if his legs would not support him anymore. He was usually calm, but this was one of those few times that were an exception. Riku's face didn't show anything, making Axel and Roxas think he was fine.

The music started and, right then, he decided to change something about his chosen song.

To help calm his nervousness, he closed his eyes as he started singing. As soon as the first words fell from his lips, his nerves faded, and he was left with only his want to win.

"When you walk away, you don't hear me say, "please. Oh baby, don't go."

Everyone was immediately captivated by Riku's voice.  Riku smiled a little, and opened his eyes. His eyes shone with excitement. He was glad he had taken the opportunity. It wasn't as bad as he had thought.

"Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight. It's hard to let it go."

During a small pause, Riku looked at the crowd, eventually meeting Sora's glare. Riku flinched slightly, but regained his composure.

"You're giving me too many things. Lately, you're all I need. You smiled at me, and said, "don't get me wrong, I love you, but does that mean I have to meet your father? When we are older you'll understand what I meant when I said no, I don't think life is quite that simple."

Riku took a deep breath, trying to remember the words to it in the other language.

"Donna toki datte
Zutto futari de
Donna toki datte
Soba ni iru nara
Kimi to iu hikari ga
Watashi wo mitsukeru
Mayonaka ni"

Everyone was taken by surprised a bit. Kairi giggled, and looked at him with admiration. Sora continued to glare, and pouted.

'Why is he so perfect?'

Riku continued to sing. Sora's glare faded, and stared at Riku. His long silver hair shone under the stage lights, and his bright eyes that were usually cold towards him, now shown with warmth. And it was directed to him. Towards the end, Sora shook his head and walked out of the auditorium, and Riku frowned.

When the music ended, Riku looked down as he heard everyone start clapping. A light pink dusted his cheeks as he walked off the stage. Roxas and Axel ran to him. The shorter one jumped on him, making Riku loose his balance.

The adults next to them looked at them with worry but Riku shook his head. They nodded, and looked back to the front.

"That was amazing," Axel complimented, helping both of them up.

Riku smiled. "Thanks."

It took a few minutes before the teachers started talking again.

"So, first, everyone did great," a teacher's voice brought everyone's attention to the stage. "But we already chose a winner."

Axel and Roxas looked at Riku with a knowing look.

"No way I won," Riku told them with a sigh.

Axel rolled his eyes, but didn't argue. He would let the teachers say it.

"Riku Mizukawa."

Riku looked up, shocked. He grinned, but it faded when he realized what it meant.

Sora would be with him. All the time. And the amount of time wasn't decided yet. Riku couldn't say that he wasn't excited though. This turned out to be an interesting year.

A/N: I'll leave this here. Credits to the creator. lol sorry about not putting it before

I added Sora singing that song because of this.