Five

I grabbed my bags and carried them into the other vacant bedroom. This was unreal. I'm in New York. I'm sharing a room at a luxury hotel with my smoking, hot boss. Let's not forget married. So many thoughts were running through my head. I tried to shake it off so I went into the kitchen to get a drink. The fridge was literally filled with expensive champagne and imported wine. I decided to pour myself a glass of Rose. I quickly downed that glass and decided to pour myself another.

You know what? I'm just gonna take the bottle.

Taking a seat on the sofa, I took another sip but this time it was from the bottle and it was definitely more like a gulp. After about what I considered a third glass, I was definitely more relaxed. Getting up, I walked over to the balcony and stepped out. I just needed to take a moment to escape everything and just think. Looking out at the the darkening New York sky, my mind drifted to my mom. She always told me I could do great things but I never thought that she wouldn't be able to see me do them. I hated seeing her just lay there. Suffering. I know I need to let her go but I just can't bring myself to do it. She's the only thing I have that makes me happy. I look forward to the days that I can just go sit with her. Just being in her presence, even if it's just for an hour, makes it all worth it.

At this point, tears were falling down my face. I took a deep breath and tried to wipe some of them away. Walking back in and closing the balcony door, I turned to go in my room when I looked up saw Mr. Waters sitting on the sofa working. I stopped in my tracks as he caught me by surprise. He looked up at me quickly before looking back down. I think he noticed that I was distraught because he did a double take. His usual stone like impression immediately softened and became a look of concern. Before he could speak, I turned and walked into my room quickly closing the door behind me. I'm sure to him it looked like I was running away. I leaned against the door and let out a sigh of relief.

Great now he definitely thinks I'm a weirdo.

Looking over at the clock, I saw that it was almost 6 o'clock. I decided to start getting ready. I stripped out of my clothes and threw a robe on. Walking in the bathroom, I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. My dark cocoa skin, brown eyes, petite nose, and full lips. I've always been insecure about my looks since I was child. I was made fun of and kind of a loner in high school. It's taken me a long time to embrace my looks and I'm still learning to love them. I pulled my hair up into a high bun so that it wouldn't get wet. The last thing I wanted to deal with tonight is trying to straighten my hair again. Wash day is an all day event and today isn't the day. I brushed my teeth before hopping in the shower. When I was finished drying off, I put my robe back on and walked into the bedroom to find something to wear. I threw my suitcase on the bed and pulled out my makeup bag. I began to search through all my clothes for something that was elegant yet sexy. I didn't have a lot of nice luxury things but I made it work with what I had. I finally decided on a nice little black dress. A girl's best friend. I placed it on the bed with a pair of black heels to go with it. I made my way back into the bedroom and began putting on some makeup. At this point it was about 6:45 so I had to make it quick. I decided to do a full face classic look. Cat eye and red lipstick. I finished my face and brushed my hair into a sleek, high ponytail. I went into the bedroom and put my clothes on. I finished the look with a pair of diamond studs. Lastly I grabbed my clutch and jacket before walking out into the living area.

When I walked out, I saw him standing in the kitchen with a glass of red wine in his left hand and his phone in the other. This man was a sight to see. He was well dressed. He was sporting a pair of black slacks, a black button up, and a dark red blazer with black trim paired with a pair of what I assumed were very expensive loafers. Such a handsome man.