①⓪

"--question her as soon as she wakes up. thank you, mr.gaelore."

"no problem officer! just... please help as best as you can. [y/n] is my best friend and i'm worried, y'know?"

"we'll do the best we can, mr.gaelore. thank you for your time."

you woke with a pounding headache and sat up groggily. "hello?" you asked, voice a bit raspy.

"oh," the officer stopped in her tracks. "hello miss [l/n]! glad to see you're awake. i'll grab the doctor, but when he's don't talking to you i'm going to question you, alright?"

you nodded, a bit confused as sleep still blanketed your senses, and watched as the officer let the room.

"there's ibuprofen in the little cup and water in the larger one," alex said from his position in the arm chair. you went to move upwards a bit, but cringed in pain as your foot moved.

"shit," you gulped down the meds as fast as you could. "what happened to my leg?"

"the doc thinks you sprained your ankle when you tripped in the pothole as that creepy guy was following you. dude... that was terrifying. are you okay? like, in the head? it was scary and i wasnt even the one being followed the whole time!"

you opened your mouth to answer but was interuppted by the doctor coming into the hospital room.

"hi [y/n]!" he greeted, "i'm dr.howard. have you taken the meds that were on your table? i told alex here to tell you about them."

"yeah," your throat was dry even though you had drank almost the whole cup of water. "i did."

"perfect!" the doctor exclaimed. "now, i'm going to do a quick check up on your ankle, okay?"

you complied as he carefully put pressure on the different parts of your lower leg and foot. you cringed each time and he told you that it was most likely a sprain, but they would have to x-ray it.

you and alex went to the x-ray room together and he watched idly as you had your foot looked at. it took around fifteen minutes, but it was in fact a sprain.

you now had to rent crutches and buy a buy a brace, which went into a grand total of about $80.

damn, this is expensive!