Chapter 2:An introduction to snogging

Credits go to @delirant for the awesome banner:)

School was better the next day. I woke up an hour before school and prepared everything within 15 minutes. I spent the remaining 45 minutes reading my Advanced Calculus book.

As I was walking out the door,I was the witness of Owen and a random girl from our class flirting. On my driveway. How small can this world be?

He was leaning in to kiss her when thud! My thick Calculus book dropped onto the floor.

I recovered quickly, bending over to collect the loose leaf notes that fell out during the drop.

"Well, well. If it isn't little Miss Bookworm", Owen called out. For some reason, that nickname rankled my chains.

I pushed my glasses up higher my nose.

"And if it isn't Mr Flirt. A good day to you,too", I responded, my voice oozing with sarcasm.

Owen emulated a hurt mewling sound, looking as wounded as can be.

My response was to enter my house and shut the door in their face.

A beat later I heard their raucous laughter fading as they walked away.

I soared through AP Literature. Furiously scribbling on my assignment sheet and checking the time at intervals.

When lunch rolled by, I gathered my bag and retreated to my favorite spot in the library. I was browsing the shelves for a History assignment when I heard suspicious sounds. Groaning and moaning were coming from the Advanced Trigonometry shelves.

I quietly sneaked towards the source of the sounds. I peeked through a gap between the books on the shelves.

I was mildly surprised to find Owen and the random girl from this morning now locked in a passionate embrace. From what little I can see, they were doing something with their tongues in each other's mouths.

Disinterested, I was about to turn away and leave when I knocked a thin paperback off the shelves. The sound alerted the girl, who had her back to me. That means that Owen was facing me.

Sure enough, when I opened my eyes he was staring at me. When he saw me looking at him, he glared right back.

The girl twisted around to get a better lock of the person who interrupted their steamy make out session.

I strode away, leaving them to it.

During Homeroom, I could feel his gaze boring into my back.

After Homeroom, I strolled leisurely towards my locker. I unlocked my locker and startled when someone tapped my shoulder. I slowly turned and was dismayed to find Owen Miles patiently waiting for me.

He chuckled softly under his breath.

"I know why you were watching us make out, O'Neil", he bluntly said.

I kept a blank expression. If you can call seeing someone make out for 3 seconds watching, then I guess people watched me all the time.

"You...make...out", He was saying. He clicked his fingers to get my attention.

"Do not fear, O'Neil. I shall give you an introduction to snogging", he proudly declared.

I froze. Did he really just say what I thought I heard? I asked him to repeat and my worst fears were confirmed.

Before I could form a snarky comeback he gripped my shoulders and lowered me to the floor. I was suspended midair. In a daze, I couldn't formulate a proper response.

He was talking again.

"Now, this is a classic position. Next is the modern position", he continued while bringing me up and framing my cheeks with his hands. His face leaning in towards mine.

I put up a hand as if to ward him off.

"No offense but what makes you think I wanted to be kissed by you?" I asked, eyeing him steadily. He looked stunned. Probably in the fantasy world of Owen Miles, no girl has ever rejected him.

I pushed him away, looked him in the eye and said, "Newsflash, Miles, but not every girl is going to appreciate your charm, least of all me."

A red flush seeped into his cheeks and his eyes flared a cold grey. He clenched his fists and looked down at the floor.

Satisfied with my response, I walked towards the school's exit.

***********************************************

T/N: I'm back:) So, this is the 3rd Chapter to TBTN....Truthfully, I wasn't too happy with the way Sierra responded to situations. But to stop her from being a stereotype, certain sacrifices have to be made. Again, if you liked this story please fan/vote/add into your reading list! Thanks for supporting(:

Disclaimer:I guess I will only update until I have 5 votes for this story.