Fixed Star Part II

Minho~

I walk into the dining hall with my bowl of rice and fish. I haven't had this breakfast in a while. I slide in at the table beside Onew and take out the glass chopsticks. "I wish that they had hash browns here. This food is good but I need some starch." 

"There is starch in rice." Onew says and puts food in his mouth.

"Not the starch I want." Jonghyun holds his chopsticks out to Key, feeding him rice. 

"Eat up Kibum, you need your fish." Key smiles and eats it. I suddenly feel really lonely. My rice tastes  really bland now. I start paying attention to what Jonghyun is saying when he mentions Taemin. "Apparently Taemin slept on the EXO deck last night." Onew stops eating. 

"He did?" Jonghyun nods. "In who's room?"

"Supposedly Kai's." I grip the chopsticks harder than I should. 

"Omo, who told you?" 

"Sunggyu went to ask Kai a question and he saw Taemin sleeping in the bed with Kai." My skin must be turning blue because of how sad I feel now. "You know us Idols. We can't keep a secret to save our lives." EXO comes walking in. Kai and Taemin are holding hands, everything seems to stop. 

"Minho!" Onew screams. I look down. There's blood covering my hand and it's still streaming out from multiple cuts. "Are you okay?" I must've broken the glass chopsticks. I stand up and put the pieces of glass that didn't stay in my hand in a napkin. 

"I'm fine guys. I'll just go to the doctor's station." I walk away quickly and find my way through the twisting hallways. I knock on the door and wait. Dr. Jang opens the door and looks down at my hand. 

"Minho-Ah! What happened?"

"I crushed chopsticks in my hand." We walk in the room and he sits me down in the examination chair. I open my hand and hiss with pain. "Aish." 

"Minho-Ah, you need to be more careful. Hows did you manage to do this?"

"I held them too tight." 

"I'm going to have to take the pieces of glass out." 

"Go ahead." 

"It's going to hurt but I'll go as quickly as possible." I nod. He goes through his medical supplies and grabs tweezers, gauze and rubbing alcohol. I hate this. I hate when I have to go get a doctor's help. 

****

It hurts so much. I bite my knuckle. "Minho-Ah you're very brave. Many people would be screaming right now." I smile as best I can with my fist in my mouth. "Just a few more pieces." I grimace. It's horrible to get anything ripped from your skin. "This is the last piece. It's really in there so I'll do it fast. On the count of three." I nod. "One, two, three!" He yanks and I lean my head back quickly. Aish! It's terrible. "I'll put some rubbing alochol on and bandage it up." He does. It  burns but at least it won't get infected. "I'll be right back. I'm just going to inform your manager that this happened." 

"Kamsahamnida." He leaves. "Aish.. This stuff always happens to me. Broken ankle, falling while curling.." I grumble and sit back in the chair. 

"Sunbae!" Taemin runs and uses his hand to stop himself at the door. "I- I heard that you're hurt." He breathes as though he just did a 10K race. "What happened?"

"Glass chopsticks broke in my hand."

"Are you okay? I came here as quickly as I could." I give him a small reassuring smile. I'm should try to be nice to him right? 

"I'm fine." He smiles and I see Kai come to a stop behind him. Of course. He has to come just to be near Taemin. It's not my business. Not at all. Kai looks at me. He looks kind of lost and unsure of what to do now.