You (not the show)

"I'm not happy."
My dad announces as he walks into my room. 
"You could have been hurt, gone missing or worse. There are a time and place for everything and neither applied to this." He walks over to my bed and signals me to sit. 

"Living with your mother can be suffocating but sneaking out is not the right solution to a current problem. you're with me for your break and you had freedom."

"Wait, had?"

"Yes, had. You're not getting off the hook. I am a dad at the end of the day." He walks back over to the door and crosses his arms over his chest.  He shut his eyes for a second before becoming the badass lawyer I've known my whole life.

"Every night, you will hand me your phone and laptop at 11 pm. Chores must be done before dinner, the curfew is 11:30 if you're out with a friend. Break any of these rules, I will have to take everything away and if you continue to do it. I will take you back to your mother. Bail will be posted at $100,000"

"This lawyer sucks man." He let out a small laugh and started to walk away.

"I'm serious. actions have consequences got it?"

"Si Papi. Te Quiero!"

"Yo Tambien, dinner will be ready soon!"

My dad and I have a really good relationship. He's had my side in a lot of things and was the one to reason whenever things got bad between my mom and me. I love my mom and she can be a great person but sometimes..she's too much. I start to unpack my things and putting them in the right places while decorating a bit. My room is painted a sky blue color to give it a relaxing vibe whenever I'm here. Like my safe space. After I put most of it away, I pulled out the dress Brandon gave me last night. No way was I gonna keep it at my mom's, she would make me burn it. My mind kept replaying the events over and over. I met Brandon James. I SPOKE to Brandon James.

Brandon James knows my NAME

My heart raced at the thought of him knowing I existed. It was surreal and being his fan it was a dream come true. I hung up the dress in my closet and sat on my bed opening my laptop to catch up on social media. I kept scrolling and reblogging on Tumblr when I saw a picture of Brandon smiling at a girl who was wearing the same dress he gave me. My heart dropped a bit as I saw how close they were in the picture.

So I wasn't the only one he gave a dress too. Rosa, you are a stupid bitch. 

My eyes look at the caption under the picture, where it was dated to last night.

Brandon James & Unknown Girl 03.08.19 @ XC Club

My eyes flickered between the photo and caption until it clicked. 

"oh, SHIT" I squealed and jump away from the laptop, holding a pillow towards my chest. I couldn't believe it. That's ME. on a random BLOG with BRANDON JAMES. I tried to think of when someone would take a picture when my phone started buzzing, pulling me out of my thoughts. Jasmine's name popped up on the screen.

"Jas!"

"ROSA, YOU'RE ALIVE! Thank goodness I thought last night was when you took your final steps on this earth. What happened?"

"Reed ratted me out! Can you believe someone would do something like this?" Reed and I dated during high school when I dumped him for being controlling and a total suck up to my mom. He didn't take it well as he had a "prestigious reputation" to uphold.

"We broke up a long time ago and what I do is none of his business!"

"Preach it girl, once a rat always a rat. What did your mom say?"