Chapter 9 - Daughter Of The Demon

I was making my way back to the leagues base. My thoughts turned to my sister and I knew sooner or later I would have to let her know that I was alive. Furthermore, when I let her know that I'm alive, I would have to explain who I am now. I couldn't lie to her. I just hoped that she accepted me for who I have become now. I was also looking forward to the moment I introduced Nyssa to Thea as I'm sure that they'll love each other. Well Hopefully.

As I moved across the rooftops, I paused as I remembered what part of the city I was in. In the distance, I saw Laurel's apartment and I could see the lights on. I silently apologised to her for everything I did and then I moved on, quickly making my way across the city.

I walked into the leagues base and saw a lot of the assassins were busy. Not all of them were here to assist I and Nyssa as some had their own tasks that they were doing but were using the main base for its resources. I spotted Nyssa and Aaliyah talking to each other and walked over to them. I knew I owed Aaliyah an apology but when my sister is in danger, my reaction was kind of understandable.

"Hey" I said as the two women looked up at me. They saw I was covered in blood which caused Nyssa to immediately stand up and check on me.

'What happened? Are you ok? Is Thea ok?' Nyssa asked without pausing to let me reply.

"I went after drug dealers who sell vertigo. It's their blood so I'm fine. Thea should be ok." I replied.

"Your anger today, I get that it was because of Thea." Nyssa asked.

"I was just scared for my sister and that turned to anger."

"It's ok to be angry sometimes as long as you don't let the anger and darkness consume you."

"Never" I replied matter-of-factly. "I feel like meditation helps though. It helped when we first met and although I'm not angry as I know Thea will be ok, I think it'll help." Nyssa nodded in response and gave me a hug that I returned. They broke apart and I moved over to Aaliyah. "Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Yeah" she said as we went into an unused room to speak privately. She was nervous and was playing with her hands as she looked down at the ground. She didn't know how this would go. She could clearly tell that I had calmed down now that I knew that my sister would be safe. But she was only in danger because I didn't react in time. I meant a lot to her so she was hoping I could forgive her.

"I'm sorry" I said which made Aaliyah look up from the ground and look me in the eyes. She had to be confused as she didn't know what I was apologising for. She was the one who failed to protect his sister. "I got angry at you and it wasn't your fault." She tried to cut in like I knew she would. "No. it is not your fault. I'm sorry if I scared you. I..I just want you to know that if it was you that was hurt, I would've reacted the same way. You mean a lot to me, you're another little sister and I hope you can forgive me."

Aaliyah beamed at me and hugged me tightly. Once I had freed my arms, I returned the hug. "You mean a lot to me too, Al Sa-Him." she said.

"I think when it's just you and me or you, me & Nyssa you can call me Oliver." I said.

She looked at me with wide eyes as only Nyssa called Me by my real name. She nodded and I kissed her on the forehead before we walked out. I saw as Aaliyah went back to Nyssa while I went to get changed, have a shower and wash my clothes to get rid of the blood. I soon came back up with a bag packed with my backup outfit, which is actually just almost identical to my normal one but had a few red lines on it as a design.

"We should go after the Triad." I began but before I could reveal my plan, Nyssa spoke.

With joy filling her voice she said "So we obliterate the Triad?" while smirking at me.

"Of course." I replied.

"We should get Talia to help go after the Triad."

"Ah ok" She said in understanding. "I'll wait here for you two to return."

I and Nyssa looked at each other and had another one of their silent conversations. "You're coming with us." Nyssa stated.

It had been a long journey which was slowed down by large amounts of snow but at the top of mountain, they found the monastery that belonged to Talia Al Ghul. It was the first time any of them had come here as usually it was Talia visiting Nyssa and I in Nanda Parbat. She had left Nanda Parbat as she wanted to forge her own path and train her own students. Her father had allowed this but in times of need, she would become a member of the league again. Her allegiance would always be to the League of Assassins. She had in her possession her own Lazarus pit, which meant that all the members of her family had their own pit which will allow them all to live for hundreds of years.

The all walked up to the entrance and pushed open the door. They all walked inside and saw a number of Talia's students training. Some of the students noticed them and approached them. "Summon your mistress." Nyssa ordered.

"Who are you?" one of the students said in a hostile tone.

"Family" Nyssa responded calmly.

"I've never heard anything about her family" she responded and prepared to fight the three intruders. I and Nyssa sighed at their stupidity as around 10 of Talia's students rushed them. I saw as Aaliyah took down the two that approached her. She easily avoided their attacks and struck them when they were left open. When she looked up to see how I and Nyssa were doing, she saw all the remaining students on the floor. They hadn't hurt them as these were Talia's students but they had put them in their place.

They stood up, ready to attack the trio again when they heard their mistress shout "Leave us." Talia walked down the stairs to her sister and brother-in-law. "Welcome, sister, Oliver. And who might you be?" Talia said looking over to Aaliyah.

"This is Aaliyah" I said introducing the young woman. "She's a part of our family now." Talia nodded and politely greeted her.

"Now, what brings you here?" Talia asked.

"We could use your help against the Triad." I said.

She smirked while she looked at Me. "I'll help both of you."

"Before we can go back to Starling City, there is some business I need to attend to. You see, a student of mine was on a mission in Russia and has inconveniently found himself in the Gulag. I need to get him out." Talia said.

I and Nyssa smirked. "Well, I've never said no to breaking someone out of a prison with you, sister." Nyssa said happily.

"Come, I'll show you my plans to get in and out. This will work much easier with three other people." Talia said as she walked the steps and heading to the room which contained her plan.

They all walked past a room and I saw as Aaliyah looked in through one of the windows. There was a man, who looked to be in his late twenties, training with immense determination.

"Who's that?" Aaliyah asked.

I saw as Talia stepped back and looked in the room to see which student of hers it was. Unsurprisingly, she saw one of her new students training as hard as ever.

"A new recruit. He's talented and has a purpose. Some people took away a loved one and now he's here so no-one can hurt him again and so he can exact his revenge." Talia revealed.

They all nodded in understanding and intrigue as they knew that the power of revenge is real but also dangerous.

"What's his name?" Aaliyah asked.

"Prometheus" Talia responded.

I and Nyssa rolled their eyes as this guy had already given himself a name when he's relatively new. "Ok...does he have a real name?" Aaliyah probed.

"He calls himself...Adrian Chase."