05.02.19

A/N: This was kinda long so I don't remember much.

TRIGGER WARNING: Mention of serial killer(s)

— — — — —

0841 hours

I was walking away from a group of boys who were doing some exercises as a form of punishment. There were some prefects guarding the troublemakers and, seeing as my brother was one of those prefects, I stopped a few feet away and waited for my brother to be done with his guard duty.

Soon, my brother walked out from behind the wall. But he only ignored me as I speed-walked after him.

* * * * *

That level of the mall had been modelled to look like an old street. The dark blue of the streets and pavements made the lights of the shops seem much brighter.

Anyways, I was doing this online quiz to find out if I was a member of a certain group of people who were in a big shop.

Then, suddenly, news of a serial killer was being announced over the mall's intercom. Many people started to gather outside of the windows of the fast food restaurant that was opposite to where I was.

I could hear gasps coming from the crowd. It seemed that the killer had been found in that fast food restaurant and everyone was trying to catch a glimpse of a real-life killer.

It was a pair of serial killers actually. I only remember the surname of one of them: Klebold. That reminded me of the boy who was one of the Columbine killers.

* * * * *

A few of my friends and I had started a shop. Only a small one but it was still our own shop. 

The storefront was made of glass windows and door. The desk that acted as the shop's counter had been placed unreasonably close to the front door. Like, seriously, if someone wanted to stand in the space between the desk and the windows, they would've needed to either tiptoe or suck in their big stomach to make sure that they could still be standing inside the shop.

And our shop was for one thing and one thing only: taking a quiz. Yes, I mean a singular quiz. Strange, I know. But what was even stranger was that the quiz that our customers were taking was so that they could help us find some bad guy. The result of the quiz would help us find out who the bad guy really was. (Yeah, I don't understand how either.)

Unsurprisingly, no one was really coming to our shop at first. So one of my friends, who I'll call Sya, who had been acting as the shop clerk left to somewhere.

Right after Sya had left, a pudgy lady with a ponytail and who was wearing a tight-looking white shirt and shorts came up to the shop. She wanted to do the quiz apparently.

I was standing in the tight space between the desk and the door so I was being pressed up against the glass. But I still managed to gesture to the lady that the shop clerk wasn't there just yet.

The lady had looked upset at my gesture.

Worried, Henrietta, my manager, asked me about where Sya went.

"She went to the bathroom," I replied although I'm sure that it sounded more like a question than a statement as I wasn't really sure where Sya went either.

[ ^^ What Henrietta looked like, but more realistic and with dark blonde hair ^^ ]

My dad woke me up when he went to open my windows.

— — — — —

A/N: Little serial killer fact: the Columbine High School Massacre was considered to be the deadliest school shooting at its time (1999). This took place in America, in case you were wondering.

Also that last scene, where I told the lady that the shop clerk wasn't there, there were TWO other people in the shop! Take some responsibility and act as the clerk! It ain't that hard, dude!