4🌸.{ Edited }

Song- Fight song by Rachael Platten

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes

~~

Logan's POV

" Mike , Sun corp just informed me that you haven't gotten back to them on the deal....Well that deal is supposed to have closed like fucking yesterday! Get over to their company right now and do your job or you will be sitting on the streets of New York with a homeless sign over your head by tomorrow . Got it ?" I didn't wait to listen to his shaky voice answer me before I slammed the phone on the desk.

Mike was the head of the legal department of my tech company , Ross Mobile . He was supposed to close a deal with Sun Corp, a publicity and advertisement agency but as usual incompetency flows through the veins of my staff.

I toiled and sweated for over decade to build this company and make it what it is today. Ross Mobile is  the biggest tech company in America only because of my hard work and they want to ruin the credibility of my company? Not on my watch. I had no patience to deal with people who weren't ready to give me perfection and I didn't hesitate in firing them . There's a lot of people who would kill to work for me .

I opened the folder in front of me to continue working . All of a sudden, the phone blared again. I swear if it was Mike calling to ask a stupid question, he would be getting his ass fired right now .

I grabbed the phone and put it on my ear . " Mike , what?!"

" Uh , sorry to disturb you Mr Ross," Rose,  my receptionist said with a small voice . My growl must have scared the shit out of her .

I didn't mean to scare her but I was having a very shitty day that came with a bad headache. Along with the stressful day filled with board meetings and press conferences, the most recent nanny I hired to take care of my children just quit yesterday . She called my children and I quote , " demon possessed" as she dragged her luggages out of my home like she was fleeing for her life. She was the second nanny I had hired this month and the twentieth nanny I had hired to take care of my kids in the space of four years.

My kids have succeeded in chasing all twenty nannies away . I don't even know how that is fucking possible. It's a good thing I made the nannies sign NDA's if not I was very sure entertainment news and magazines would eat up a story like this for breakfast. I could already imagine the headlines . ' Monster Children of Tech and Business Mogul , Logan Ross chase away twenty nannies in three year span.' It's a good thing that I've managed to keep my children out of the public eye for as long as I could .

" What is it , Rose ?" I asked impatiently.

" Wallace is bringing your daughter, Avery up," She replied, her voice still laced with timidity.

I exhaled , relaxing my back on my custom made chair . " Alright."

Wallace is my driver who I employed about ten years ago. Because of his efficiency, I put him in charge of driving my kids around. I don't trust people so easily, especially when it comes to my children but he has proven that he's an asset. He had gone to pick Avery up from school and called me earlier that she was begging him to bring her to my office.

On a normal day, I would never have agreed but my other kids were still at school , my staff at home would be too busy to watch over her so there was nobody to keep an eye on her . This felt like ambush. Still he was here with her already so I had no choice but to deal with it.