Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Scarlett huffed as she hung up the phone with her mother. Not only had Janet known full-well what she was sending her daughter into, but she begged Scarlett to give it a chance.

"But there are two of them!" Scarlett had whispered into the phone. "You honestly can't expect me to be with two men."

Janet had explained her call to Grandma Mara and asked that she look at the men with an open mind. It was beyond all reason, and Scarlett wondered if she had truly lost her marbles. Janet had gone on to tell Scarlett to stop worrying about what society thinks is right and to listen to her heart.

Scarlett didn't trust her heart. The stupid thing tried to flutter out of her chest the moment those sexy wolves came anywhere near her. There was something so naughty about the situation that had Scarlett wet and aching. She didn't like that either.

"Everything okay, Little Red?" Evan asked peeking his head into the room.

Even the sound of his voice made her knees weak, "Yeah, everything is fine. My mother was in on it with your Grandma Mara."

Evan's brow quirked up, "Sounds like a smart woman."

Scarlett felt her lips curve into a small smile before she could stop them.

"This doesn't mean that I accept you and Trevor as my mates," she was quick to add. "I only promised to give it a try."

Trevor walked in behind his friend, and the room felt that much smaller to Scarlett. The men were so tall and muscular that she felt tiny beside them.

"What now?" she asked in a quiet voice.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Evan suggested.

It was so normal that Scarlett felt herself relaxing a little, "Yeah, that would be really nice."

"We can download something online. There is that new comedy out or an action adventure?" Evan suggested.

Scarlett tried to see if she could press her luck, "What about Wrapped up in Love?"

It was a chick-flick of the highest degree with plenty of sappy love scenes and sticky dialog to scare most heterosexual men into running for the hills.

The men didn't even blink.

"Sounds good," Trevor said and walked over to the couch patting the cushion beside him for Scarlett to have a seat.

It was moments later that Evan returned and sat on her other side. The movie was starting on their flat screen TV, but Scarlett couldn't have told you what was happening. The heat from these two men overwhelmed her.

Scarlett shifted restlessly trying to get away but if she moved right she ran into Trevor, and if she slipped left she brushed up to Evan. To make matters worse, Trevor wrapped an arm around the back of the couch. Suddenly she felt hot everywhere and wished that they had put on a shirt so that she didn't have the extreme temptation to touch him.

Evan took her hand in his and stroked her palm with his thumb. The sensation reminded her of other places that he could be stroking. Trevor ran his fingers lightly across the skin on her neck, and Scarlett couldn't help the small moan that escaped her lips.

Trevor's fingers stopped and lingered as if he were weighing his options. Whatever battle he had been waging within himself, he must have solved it because he began to lightly stroke her skin again.

By the time the movie ended, Scarlett was a mess of want and need. The men had continued to touch her lightly here and there until she was certain that she couldn't take it any longer. Her sex was aching with need, her panties wet, and her temper was starting to flare.

Evan got up to turn off the television and Trevor traced the shell of her ear with his fingertip. Something inside of her snapped, and she grabbed Trevor's face with both hands.

"Stop teasing me!" her voice was row and needy.

He quirked a brow, "Or what?"

Scarlett slammed her lips against Trevor's. This wasn't like the soft kiss that she had shared with Evan. This was angry and passionate, all lips, tongues, and teeth clashing together. There was another flash of light that startled Scarlett into abruptly pulling away.

"What was that?" she panted.

Trevor's eyes remained glued to her swollen lips, "The second test. Our mate has to initiate physical contact of her own free will. The Moon Goddess has shown her approval. You have two tasks left, Little Red."

"I don't like being tested," Scarlett growled.

Evan returned to the couch, "It isn't something that we can control, Scarlett. But even if we could, I don't believe that either of us would stop it."

Trevor nodded, "There is something about you that feels right."

"How can that be?" Scarlett cried out, "You don't even know me."

"Then tell us," Evan's comforting tone helped to bring Scarlett back from the edge of reason. "We want to know everything about you."

Scarlett shook her head, "I wouldn't know where to start."

"Tell us why you have sadness in your eyes," Trevor prompted.

Scarlett blinked, "What are you talking about?"

Evan cupped her chin, "Trevor is right, you have known loss."

To Scarlett's horror, she felt emotion clogging her throat. Her eyes became glassy as she struggled to find the words.

"My father, he passed away a few years ago. We were very close. I had always wanted to leave my family's bakery, but when Dad died, I knew I couldn't leave my mom on her own."

Trevor leaned over and brushed a tear from her cheek, "You are a good daughter, Little Red. You have a big heart that you share easily."

Scarlett found herself telling the men more things about her. How she had swum on the swim team in high school and that her favorite color was red. She also told them about how she and her father had loved these woods. She told them about the foods she liked and the vegetables that she wouldn't eat. Scarlett laughed with them when Evan told her that Trevor hadn't found anything that he couldn't eat including mud.

Trevor pretended to be insulted and said that he hadn't eaten a mud pie since he was a child. Scarlett loved seeing the boys tease each other. They were comfortable in their own skin but very different from each other.

Trevor was big and brooding where Evan was more apt to be open and have a softer approach. They argued as all friend's do, but they didn't seem to mind that they both wanted the same thing—her.

Scarlett was somewhat disappointed when it came time for bed, and they helped to make up a place for her on the couch. She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but it wasn't this.

Evan noticed her dismay, "We will never force ourselves upon you, Scarlett. That isn't our way. We want you in our bed, make no mistake. But it will be your decision, not ours."

Trevor looked like he wanted to argue with Evan but held his tongue. Evan showed her where Scarlett could shower and brush her teeth and then left her to go to bed.

Scarlett laid there in her make-shift bed on the couch for approximately twenty-six minutes before she concluded that she wanted those men. Scarlett wanted to see if this really could work. So, she stood up and marched down the hallway towards the two bedrooms in the back.

Evan was the first to greet her at his door, "Is everything alright, Scarlett?"

Trevor grabbed her wrist and yanked her inside of his room. Evan was quick to follow. With glowing eyes, Trevor lifted her up and tossed her onto his enormous bed, "For fuck's sake it is about time!"