A Team

Everyone sees the youtube video right? Well play that at the part where the "person in the room" starts singing and stuff. You'll see it, it's in italics. It's a good song btw :D

"I'm Melodi--" I introduced myself. "Hi, Melodi." They all sounded like those sharks from Nemo. "And umm... What am I supposed to say again?" Leanne smiled patiently. You could see smile lines forming. I honestly thought she was in her late 20's. "3 things about yourself, 2 things you know about music and 1 reason why you came here!" She cheerfully stated. I bit my lip.

3 things about myself...

"Well umm... I was born in England... and no I'm not british my mum just loved to travel... I like to bake cookies! And... I'm 17." I explained. "We should bake cookies together sometime." Someone in the room said. "Sounds like a plan." I replied.

"Okay, now 2 things you know about music." Leanne informed me. "Hmm... it's pretty and... it varies?" I hoped that was somewhat logical. And I guess it was because Leanne simply nodded and gestured for me to move foward. "And... the reason I came here is because my mum thought it would be great. And so far the highlight of this camp is Taco Bell so..." There were some giggles around the room before we moved on.

"Uh, hey I'm Keith." A guy introduced himself. I turned my head to acknowledge him, realizing he was a familiar face. The hazel eyes... the light brown hair. And man he was sexy. His name only makes things better!

"Hi, Keith." The class replied. "Uh, I play lots of instruments... I sing a little.. I also love Taco Bell." He looked at me and smirked. My face grew hot. "Lets see... I know that music can be an escape.. it lifts or darkens your mood."

Vanessa leaned over and whispered, "Man that's deep." I nodded. "Not as deep as-" I cupped my hand over her mouth. "Don't even start." I said, slowly removing my hand from her mouth as she smirked mysteriously.

"...I really love music." Keith finished. "Great! You're definitely a keeper." Leanne said as she set down her cup of coffee beside her.

Am I not a keeper? Well forget you too.

Today we're going to a theatre to see Wicked, the musical. Leanne says it's really good. Trent says they should create another version. Vanessa said let's sneak out. I almost went with Vanessa's plan until Trent said, "Vanessa can sit with me... ya know... to stay out of trouble." then walked away smirking.

So goes sneaking out.

I was just slipping on something decent to wear when Vanessa caught my attention. She had her face pressed against the door and was squinting. "Vanessa, what the--" She shushed me. "Vanessa I--"

"SHH!"

I looked at her funny then walked over to the door. Sure enough there was some kind of noise behind the door... not just any noise, but a beautiful noise. It sounded like a guitar. And me, being so attracted to it, opened the door leaving Vanessa to stumble. "What the heck?" She complained. I walked over to the door across from us and listened. The person was playing A-Team by Ed Sheeran... not only that, but singing too. Like an angel.

White lips, pale face, breathin in the snowflakes, burnt lungs, sour taste.

Light's gone, days end, strugglin to pay rent, long nights, strange men.

And they say she's in the class a-team, stuck in her daydream

been this way since eighteen, but lately, her face seems

slowly sinking wasting, crumblin like pastries

and they scream, the worst things in life come free to us cause we're