Booty Bumps and Taco Bell

I'm finally getting to editing... note to self... do this before you publish lol

I scanned my luggage once more before turning around to face my mom. She was cheesing like an idiot.

"Okay, smile!" She held up the camera to her eyes. I gave her a sarcastic smile and she snapped a picture. "Oh, come on, you could be happier than that!" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to a camp with a whole bunch of musicians! And what do I do? Eat, sleep and poop." I told her. "Wow, this is going to be ex-citing." I turned around to face my luggage again.

We were waiting for the my bus to arrive. I was going to a camp called, "Music is Life". Obviously a camp for musicians. Like, I don't know, not me? But my mother insists I go for the sake of, "learning new things" and "meeting new people". The two things I'm not good at. I was only lucky when I tried out for dance class where I met my bff's, Vanessa and Harry. Also where I learned to expertly dance thanks to Mr.Hudson!

My mum's frown quickly turned into a smile when she saw the bus coming down the street. "Okay, so you have everything?" She asked, speed walking towards me checking everything. "Oh my gosh! Where is the permission slip!!" The bus started to pull up and my phone beeped. I checked my messages and saw that Vanessa had texted me: "I see you >:)" I quickly looked up and there she was with her cheek smushed up against the glass, waving frantically at me. I shook my head.

I walked towards the bus as my mom ran out of the house, shaking the permission slip. "MELODI!!" She yelled. I rolled my eyes. She handed me the permission slip. "Now you have fun... call me if you need me, okay?" She kissed my forhead and let me go. The bus driver helped me get my luggage into the back.

"Name?" He asked with a raspy voice. He took out a few name tags and I said, "Melodi Parks" He wrote my name on all of the name tags and attatched them to my luggage. "Take a seat, anywhere." His breath smelled like cigarettes and cheetos. I squinted my eyes and nodded, forcing a smile.

I sat down next to Vanessa and finally took a breath. She laughed. "You smelled it too?" She asked. I nodded, laughing along with her. The bus driver closed the doors and took off. After a few minutes, two adults in the front stood and turned around. The lady had short brown hair and a light blue blouse on and the guy had honey blonde hair and a grey muscle tee on.

"Hey, everyone!" The lady said in a high pitched voice. "Oh, God." I whispered to Vanessa. "I'm Leanne." She looked at the guy and he said, "I'm Trent."

"You're a sexy man, Trent." Someone commented. Okay not just someone but Vanessa. Did I mention Vanessa was crazy!? Trent turned bright red and smiled. "Umm.. thanks?" I laughed and nudged Vanessa. "Anytime, babe." She winked at him. I shook my head.

"Anyways.." Leanne continued, "We will be your mentors! As you all know, we will be going to NYU for this music camp... did anyone not pay their plane ticket already?" She asked. A few people raised their hands and she promised to get with them when she was finished. "Okay, now, there are... 20 of you. Ten will go with me and ten with Trent." A whole bunch of girls hands shot up. "Can I be with Trent?" One asked. "Me too!" Another yelled until they were all arguing.

"Okay, ladies, settle down, Trent will be picking his own members." Leanne assured us. They all sighed in disappointment. She explained more rules before she started picking people for her group.

"These girls are soooo thirsty." Vanessa claimed. "I know right." I agreed. "Yea, like, did they not see me call dibs?" I laughed at her.

"...You two ladies. What are your names?" Vanessa and I looked up at Trent who was staring at us. "Us?" I asked. He nodded. We heard groans from the ladies on the bus.