𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | WOKE UP WITH A MONSTER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JO WAS CERTAIN THAT WITH THE RIGHT HELP AND TRAINING, SHE COULD WIN THE MERGE WITH KAI. Damon feeling guilty, had offered up his living room as somewhere for the out of practice witch to train with the help of Liv and Riley. The strawberry-blonde witch was mildly concerned about whether Jo really had what it took to beat Kai, but they had to put their faith in her— she was their only option.

"Okay, that's good. Just keep your focus, Jo." Riley slowly spoke as the woman stood in the middle of the room while she tried to keep a candle burning.

Jo suddenly lost her concentration and ended up scorching Liv's shirt. The witch-in-training clapped her hands over her mouth in shock once she set her eyes on her little sister. "Oh, my God. Sorry! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, fine. It's just clothes and skin." Liv shrugged sarcastically and then turned to Stefan, who had walked down the staircase with brows knitted together in confusion. "Hey, where can I get a T-shirt?"

"Damon's room. Up the stairs, end of the hall." The Salvatore pointed up to the staircase where Liv ran off to, then he wandered in the living room to see Jo stood by a broken chair while Riley had her head in her hands. "What are you doing in my house?"

"Fire spell. Sort of." Jo explained as the strawberry-blonde just looked up. "It turns out getting back in touch with magic isn't anything like riding a bike. I am sorry about that vase though. Was that expensive?"

"Well, I don't know, the Smithsonian would. You should call them." Stefan sarcastically glanced up at Jo and then around the room once she saw most of the furniture was in tatters.

"Finally!" Riley jumped up to her feet when she saw Alaric wander into the house with a bag full of breakfast in his hand. "God, I'm starving."

"Please tell me that you brought mimosas."

"You actually think I'd watch this sober?" The human questioned his girlfriend as he pulled a bottle out from the brown paper bag he was carrying.

"And, what exactly are we watching?" Stefan tilted his head in confusion.

"Liv and I are going to teach Jo how to get back into the swing of things so that in thirty days she can win the merge and save all of mankind." The witch sent the Salvatore a light shrug as if it were no big deal.

"And, this teaching has to happen in my living room, why?"

Alaric took a breath. "Damon feels guilty."

"Well, that's new." The youngest Salvatore then turned back to the strawberry-blonde. "Where the hell is he?"

"He went to visit Liz in the hospital," Riley informed. She knew that Damon wanted to be there for Liz since her cancer diagnosis.  Almost as soon as she mentioned him, Damon walk in. An immediate smile lit up his face as he slammed the door, but then Jo lost all concentration on her levitation spell. "Seriously?" Riley groaned out as she heard the thump of the book.