Chapter Thirteen: Not too late

Arthur’s POV

I opened my eyes it already being morning. I wonder why Mordred had not waked me up though. He always wakes me up where is he? I got out of bed and looked around. He hasn’t even been in here this morning the curtains are still closed and I have no clothes laid out or no food present on my desk. What the heck is going on? I got back on my bed thinking.

I heard loud screaming and shouting nearby. Is something wrong? Why isn’t the warning bell going off then? Maybe Camelot is under attack but the warning bell hasn’t gone off yet and that is why Mordred is late. That would make perfect sense.

Suddenly and without warning loads of images started to flash in front of my eyes them getting stronger and stronger each time. I started to remember everything. Everything began to make so much more sense and I didn’t feel like I was lost or in the wrong place any more.

I opened my eyes to find myself lying on the bed. I took a deep breath in before I sat up realising something. I have no idea how this happened or why I had forgotten everything but I have at least two maybe even three people within my castle that would want me and my father dead. That would explain why my father struggled through many illnesses if Morgana, Morgause and Mordred are working together behind my back they could have easily killed my father.

Clearly they took a safer route so I wouldn’t catch on what they are doing. I can’t believe what has happened all this time and how I had forgotten everything. This must have something to do with magic to why I forgot. I guess I’m lucky I have just remembered now.

Merlin...what have they done to him? I mean if Mordred is my servant where did they put Merlin why did everyone forget him? Merlin is someone I thought I would never forget. I make out I don’t care and treat him like my servant but deep down inside he like a friend and I had forgotten him just like that. I will get Morgana back for what she has done.

I will confront her and ask her where Merlin is because for four years he has not been seen and I’m worried extremely worried they did something to him. I know he can’t be dead. Merlin is too strong to let them kill him. I know he is alive, he has to be.

Suddenly my chamber door was bashed open and Morgana smirked at me. “Morgana,” I said shocked.

“Good morning Arthur I know this is going to come as a bit of a shock but I’ve had enough of this sitting around and waiting. I’m taking over the castle if you like it or lump it. Cease him!” Morgana shouted as my knights came into the chamber and pulled me out of my bed and out into the corridor.

I can’t believe Morgana would do this, betray Camelot again she could have gave herself a second chance with what she has done but all she knows is lies, betrayal and destruction and I don’t think that is ever going to change. Is this it? Is Camelot finally destroyed? Am I going to die and so will my father? Will Morgana take over? Who will be able to stop this? No will be able to and I won’t even get to see Merlin ever again.

Merlin’s POV

“It’s going to take ages to reach Camelot,” said Balinor.

“Then we have to start now,” said Paul.

“Something is still a blur, something is still not fitting,” I said worried.

“Don’t worry it come to you soon enough since you remember everything else now,” smiled Paul.

“I really hope it does,” I said as I climbed onto a horse and so did everyone else.

“You don’t have to come,” Paul said to Balinor.

“I want too,” he smiled at Paul. We all nodded to him before we all headed off straight towards Camelot in hope we are not too late.

----------------------------------------

Thanks for reading i hope you enjoyed :)