reason eight: cooking/support

Lalisa Manoban didn't do nervous. She was confident, determined and steadfast. She didn't spend time over thinking her decisions; she made them, she went through with them. Never questioning, never doubting.

Until she met Kim Jisoo.

Ever since Lisa had first seen Jisoo over two years previously; kicking Bobby impressively between the legs, she had been enthralled, desperate to know the woman who could fearlessly take down an entitled homophobe with eyes of steel, but blush redder than a tomato when Lisa complimented her scientific prowess.

It had taken Lisa two months to ask Jisoo out the first time, a decision that she made look cocky and spontaneous but had actually been agonised over longer than Lisa would ever admit.

Kim Jisoo made Lisa make rash decisions, like making a bet that she could give ten reasons in two weeks that would make Jisoo want to date her.

Like inviting herself over for an evening that wasn't a date, but a reason that a date should happen, an evening that was feeling increasingly date like as it approached.

Lisa was never nervous.

Except for today. Today she was a wreck.

"I don't think I've ever seen you like this before." Yeri commented in surprise from his position sprawled out on the sofa, watching as Lisa bustled round the flat, currently dressed only in a bra and pair of boy shorts, having decided a few seconds earlier that the outfit she had been wearing wasn't suitable (it was already the third she had tried on). Retreating back into her room he could hear her rummaging around in her closet, muttering darkly to herself under her breath how all her clothes were hideous.

The beeping of his phone distracted him from his roommates chuntering, glancing down he tapped the screen to open the message from Chaeyoung.

[16:46]: just left Jisoo. She's so nervous about her date! She asked me four times if the shirt she's wearing is ok!

[16:47]: Lisa is currently running around half naked in a panic about what to wear.

[16:48]: tell her to just come like that, I know Jisoo would approve. Although Jennie says she might spontaneously combust.

Yeri laughed aloud at the last message.

"What are you laughing at?" Lisa's voice sounded near her ear as she tried to peer at her screen.

"Nothing, just a cat meme from Chaeyoung." Yeri hurriedly stuffed her phone in her pocket.

Lisa narrowed her eyes clearly not believing her, but dropped the subject in favour of stepping back, hands gesturing at her outfit. "How do I look?"

Yeri looked her up and down, heavily resisting the urge to point out that the flannel button down she was wearing with a pair of black skinny jeans was very similar to every other outfit she had tried on that day.

"You look great." She said instead, patting the seat next to her. "Now come and sit down, relax."

Lisa flopped down on the sofa next to Yeri, head falling against her shoulder.

"So, you're cooking for her tonight?" Yeri asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah." Lisa exhaled heavily on the word. "Wow her with my skills in the kitchen. Girls love that."

The words were cocky but she could still hear the nervous tremor in Lisa's voice which gave away that she wasn't feeling her usual confident self.

"You're really going all out." Yeri said, her voice soft "You must really like her."