This is ridiculous, really

John served tea while Sherlock got back to his armchair.

"Thank you!" Said the Doctor cheerfully. John was convinced he was completely bonkers.

"Tell me more about this case of yours" said Sherlock, joining the tip of his finger just under his chin.

"Well..." Amy said

"Oh we'll have plenty of time to talk about it in the TARDIS. Al you need to know, really, is that there's someone or something that's trying to control the whole Galaxy, blackmailing entire planets and threatening people. They're probably on Earth, too, but we don't know for sure. The thing is, we don't know who's working with them or why they're doing it. That's why we need you!" The Doctor smiled like a kid.

"I...wait...Sherlock..I.." John was turning his head from Sherlock to the crazy guy to Sherlock again. He also looked to the girl to check if she was bonkers, too, but she just sat there sipping her tea and nodding occasionally. He suspected Sherlock was pulling some kind of prank on him, although Sherlock never pulled pranks. Ever.

John was starting to feel upset. He was tired, it was late.

"Sherlock, enough. Please. Now, can we all go to bed? It was a good joke, I've had fun, now I'm tired and I'm going to bed."

"Oh no we need to leave now" the Doctor said.

"I'm sorry?"

"We need to leave, now, with the TARDIS. No time to waste!" And he sprang up, almost dropoing his cup of tea.

"Look, it's almost 2am, I've had a bad day, now if you will excuse me..."

"John, he's right, we need to go" Sherlock said calmly.

"I'm getting upset, Sherlock. I have no idea why you pulled this..thing..but it's time for it to stop. Ok?"

For an answer, Sherlock and the two crazybags started towards the door.

"Don't forget your coat, it can get chilly on some planets" Amy said gingerly over her shoulder.

John grabbed his coat (and Sherlock's) and followed them down the stairs.