1. « the first day »

{ PLAYLIST:

1. harlem - new politics

2. sunflower - rex orange county

3. loner - yungblud

4. sunflower - post malone & swae lee

5. ain't no rest for the wicked - cage the elephant

6. king of the clouds - panic! at the disco

these are just songs i feel fit the setting/mood of this chapter. i will probably do this every chapter for the rest of the book.

happy reading :) }

Y/N POV

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

My alarm clock went off, signifying that it was yet again 7 a.m. I groggily sat up in my bed and threw the alarm clock across the room. Did I mention that I hate mornings?

I reluctantly pushed the covers off of my body and climbed out of my bed. The cold, wooden floor beneath the pads of my feet made me shudder, and I quickly walked towards my dresser to pick out an outfit. I dug through the dresser drawers, looking for something that said "don't look at me, and FUCK OFF". Picking out a nice outfit for school was a waste of time, in my opinion. You spend all this time picking out your best clothing to show off to the absolute worst people. Shitty high schoolers don't deserve your good outfits.

I decided on a pair of black jeans, a (Y/F/C) pullover, and Doc Martens.

"Good enough." I mumbled to myself as I tied my hair back into a low ponytail. I walked into my bathroom, finishing up my morning routine by washing my face and applying a coat of mascara.

After grabbing my bag from my room, I walked downstairs into my kitchen to get a bite to eat.

"Good morning Y/N." My mother warmly greeted me on her way in from the living room.

"Morning mum." I smiled at her and she pulled me in for a gentle hug.

"Care for a bagel?"

"Sure." She released me from her dainty grip and walked over to the toaster oven. I hated mornings, but my mother made them more bearable. Although she was strict about most things, she did truly care about me. She just sometimes had an unconventional way of showing it. Even though we were very different people (with very differing opinions), we had a good understanding of each other, and mum established personal boundaries with me at a very young age. We could talk about most things, except for one: sex.

Sex was a complete taboo in the household. Mum didn't censor almost anything for me, but sex... Sex was not a topic of conversation. I never really understood it, since we were so open about everything else, but I respected that she didn't want me to have sex, ask her questions about sex, or even merely mention sexual activity around her. It was peculiar, but I obeyed her.

"Here you go, sweetie." She slathered my bagel with cream cheese on it, and handed it to me on a paper plate.

"Thanks mum." She kissed my head and wished me luck on my first day before disappearing upstairs to get ready for work.

I walked out the door and hopped in my car, hooking my phone up to the aux so I could enjoy some of my favorite music before I spent six hours in that dreaded school.

I hit play on my playlist and pulled out of my driveway, taking a slow drive to prolong to the time I had to jam out.

{ insert playlist from above here }