Chapter Nine

I stay in my hiding place, which must be a really bad spot because Delaney approaches me.

"Hey. I don't think your crazy." She says and as soon as she is there she is gone. Which makes her even more like Gina which drives me crazy.

Aden approaches me. "Hey, mom just texted me and we have to go to the airport because I guess Tyler is coming home." He looks upset. Which makes me mad at him.

"Well let's go! I am so excited!" I squeal just to make him mad.

Which works.

"Why do you care so much?" He asks me as we walk out the front door. No smiling at teachers today, we have legitimate excuses.

"He's our brother." I look at him menacingly.

"I know he is, and sure I missed him, but he's not very smart and he does dangerous things. He almost killed you." He says through gritted teeth as we get into the car.

"I know." I say quietly.

When I was a 9th grader I went to this party Tyler wanted to go to. It was really loud and Tyler had too much to drink. We were driving home and we ran right off the road. Luckily we only flipped over a few times. We landed softly in the grass. Mom and dad were furious and ever since then Aden would never let me go to a party and if we did he didn't drink a drop. He was responsible. Which is great, but Tyler made a mistake. A mistake I'm sure he regrets, he's been gone for a year. I guess with this whole reincarnation thing I forgot to count the days down.

It's about an hours drive to the airport which was beginning to look pretty glum and Aden tried to make the most of it, he puts on Vampires Weekend. I don't know if he was comforting me so much as himself.

We were almost complete. We  just needed the other one. Tyler.

As we approached the airport I braced myself for anything that could go wrong.

We pulled up in the front and parked in one of the spaces. We got out of the car and made our way to the waiting area for the plane. I observed Aden. Watching him.

"He's probably changed." I say to him.

He grunts something. Then I see him, wow. He has grown a lot. He's taller and his hair is longer. He sees Aden and he smiles that cocky smile he has and I try not to laugh. So I don't, especially when I realize that it's genuine.

Tyler makes his way over to us.

"Is this your girlfriend?" He motions to me looking at Aden intensely. I hit him on the arm. He smiles and picks me up and swings me around.

"I haven't seen you in ages." He says smiling at me.

"You have grown so much!" He laughs. He puts me down back next to Aden.

"I've missed you guys, both of you and I'm sorry about the things I did." He extends a hand to Aden. "I hope we can be friends." He says.

Aden looks at his hand with disgust. Which I expected. Then he does something I hadn't expected. He pulls Tyler in for a hug. I look at them both and I swear I feel like crying.

"I missed you little brother." He says. My, have things changed. A lot, but I may have spoke too soon. We walk out of the airport and Tyler goes for the front seat, which I don't mind sitting in the back.

"Hey, that's where Gemma sits." Aden says looking at him seriously.

Tyler looks at him for a minute. "Oh your serious?" He says trying not to laugh. Aden just stares at him until he switches sides with me and sits in the back I open the door and sit in the front.