Chapter Seven

I follow Delaney to the library and set my floral backpack on the table. I was so excited!!! I was pumped.

She looks at me her brown eyes felt like they were searching my soul.

"So I could tell you were interested in it from the other day, and I just wanted to hear your thoughts on it." She said to me smoothly.

"Well, I think that we pass on to another body. We are born into another person, but our souls remain the same. And, slowly, some people can regain memory of their past..." I said choosing my words as carefully as possible.

She looks at me intently then removes a note pad and pen from her backpack.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"I'm doing a survey. I'm asking students about their opinions on reincarnation." She says to me.

"Would you like to help me? I can get you excused from first block."

"Oh, Uhm. Yeah. Of course. But can it be second block? I was really looking forward to choir." I say to her. Because genuinely I was excited for it. I was going to make us sing for festival.

We head to choir and Mrs. White greets us both and places Delaney as an alto.

She starts talking about festival and I can't help the urge to raise my hand...so I do.

"Me and Lanes were thinking of doing a piece together." I say.

"Oh? That's wonderful. Will you present this piece now?" Mrs. White asks me. I nod at her and go and pull Delaney out of her seat. She doesn't look too thrilled, but she doesn't look scared either.

"Do you know April Child by Rigoletto?" I whisper.

She nods. We go and stand in front of the class

"Okay," I say. "So you take the melody and I'll harmonize."

I look at her. "Ready?" I ask. "One, two three, go."

We sing beautifully and even Mrs. White can't help but compliment on how great we sound together. It was enchanting. It's funny because the more I'm with Delaney the more she's like Gina.

We get out of history to go do her survey which I secretly think is stupid and a waste of time, but hey if it gets me an opportunity to talk to her about it then I'm not going to pass it up.

We approach this kid named Alexx that has been a complete tool since he moved here in 8th grade. He gives us some load of crap about how it's stupid and I just roll my eyes at him.

"Really?" I laugh sarcastically. "And how would you know? People have written about reincarnation In history books, yet you're too close minded to even consider it.." I stare at him, trying to make him change his mind. He's such a loser.

Alexx looks intimidated. "History books lie, sometimes."

"Yeah. Okay, but that doesn't mean there isn't a possibility of it being true." I look at him glaringly and he glares back.

"Okay, thank you." Says Delaney as she pulls me away.

I pull her to the side before she wastes her time on another stupid person. "Delaney, could I talk to you please?" I ask her. I'm not afraid anymore. It's my opinion and it's never wrong and that's exactly how I will begin this.

Delaney looks at me weirdly but she agrees and I take her back to the library.

She looks at me intently studying my every move. I swear she must think I'm going to murder her right here in the library with the looks I'm getting.