Chapter 29: Everything Will Be Okay

One of Brannon's men opened the gates for us. The five men pushed Daryl and I in line with our group. Brannon stared me down with an evil smirk and I stared right back with fire in my eyes.

"So," Brannon started. "you think you can just come into our hideout, kill some of my men, and take away my play toy?" He chuckled to himself.

"You guys didn't do a good job at covering up your tracks." Scotty laughed.

"Please, let some of us go. Most of them didn't do anything." Rick begged. "It was all-" Rick was cut off as one of the men bashed him in the face with the butt of his gun.

"Shut the hell up. I don't care who did anything. I just want some revenge." Brannon said.

He began walking towards me. I clenched my fists, ready to fight if I had to but he didn't do anything. He stopped right in front of me and looked me up and down. He grinned and pushed my wet hair out of my eyes and behind my ear. I stood stiff as a board, barely breathing. His hand made it's way to my cheek and then to the back of my neck. He paused there before latching onto my hair and throwing me forward on the ground. I slightly screamed, not expecting the sudden action.

"Ellie!" I heard Daryl growl from behind me. I looked back to see him being restrained by two men.

"Now," Brannon circled me as I sat helplessly on the ground. "What shall I do to you?"

I laughed hysterically. "What haven't you done to me? You've beaten me, killed my friends."

Brannon's grin disappeared and he pulled me up to my feet. "You've done the same to me, Ellie!" He yelled in my face. "You don't think I feel the pain that you have caused me? I have feelings too dammit!"

"Do you think I care? I have no sympathy for you." I coldly mumbled.

I could tell I really pushed his buttons and I immediately regret it. Brannon's fist hit my left cheek sending me to the ground again. I held my cheek as it throbbed in pain.

"Stupid bitch." I heard Brannon mutter behind me.

I stumbled back to my feet and turned towards Brannon. I stared into his eyes before throwing a punch at his nose. He didn't fall to the ground like I did but he did pause for a second and gently held his nose.

"I'm fucking sick of your shit!" Brannon groaned as he pulled out a gun and pointed it right at me.

I felt as if the world stopped for a second. Brannon held his gun at me while my group, my family, watched in horror. The gun went off and I braced my self for the bullet but it never reached me. Instead, a body leaped in front of me and took the bullet to the chest. It was Merle.

His body hit the ground and blood immediately spilled all over his chest. "Merle!" I screamed and dropped down to my knees, trying to stop the bleeding but it just kept coming. His blood was quickly covered all over my hands. "We have to save you, I have to-" Merle cut me off by gently caressing my cheek.

"There's nothing you can do sweet cheeks." Merle choked out with a small smirk. He coughed and blood spilled out of his mouth.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I clenched my fists. Merle's breathing slowed and his hand slipped from my cheek. His eyes fluttered shut. He's dead.

I jumped up and ran at Brannon, tears streaming down my face. "You son of a bitch!" I slapped and punched at him as he tried to hold me back. "You killed him you asshole! You killed him!!" I screamed.

"I don't give a shit!" Brannon grabbed my wrists tightly and pushed me back over to Daryl. "He killed himself. I didn't force him to jump in front of you."