Chapter 3: The Decision

I've been staring at the same thing for what feels like hours, though I know it's only been twenty minutes. Hershel in the back of the station wagon, holding a small flashlight in his mouth as he tries to stop Randall's knee from bleeding. I see Glenn's head peak around from the passengers seat every now and then.

We're doing what Rick said, following him back to the farm. They seem like decent people to survive with in this world so why not.

I pulled my leg up on the seat and examined it. I totally forgot about it in the bar. I guess the pain kinda went numb on me.

We finally reached a giant white farm house with the windows lit up with light. The station wagon came to a stop and Merle pulled the truck up next to it. Everyone piled out of the vehicles and people came rushing out of the house.

"Glenn!" Yelled a girl with short brown hair, as she jumps into the arms of Glenn. Hershel seemed irritated by this.

"Patricia," Hershel walked up to a girl with blonde curly hair. "Prepare the shed for surgery." The girl nodded and walked back inside the house.

Merle, Daryl, and I stood awkwardly until Rick came up to us holding two giant bags.

"I have two spare tents for you guys." He said.

"Ok, Ellie you can have your own tent, Merle and I will share one." Daryl suggested.

"Uh, no brother. I am not sharing a tent with you. That's weird." Merle snatched one of the tents from Rick. He was about to walk away but Rick stopped him.

"You can set your tent up over by ours." He pointed to a bunch of tents sitting in the front lawn.

"Whatever..." Merle muttered as he walked away.

Rick turned back to us. He handed Daryl the tent.

"You guys get some sleep. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." Daryl and I nodded our thanks to him and he walked away.

Before heading over to the tent area, I pulled my bag from the bed of the truck. I'm kinda glad I brought this. It has all of my stuff in it. I didn't dare leave it back at the cabin. You never know what will happen in a world like this. We could've went back to the cabin and found it full of walkers. I'd never be able to retrieve it then.

Daryl also got his crossbow from the front seat and we made our way over to the tents. We set up the tent with no problem and then laid down a bunch of extra blankets Rick had given to us, making the tent actually comfortable to sleep in.

I threw my bag in the corner of my side of the tent, slipped my holster off, and wiggled my way inside the sleeping bag.
I rolled over to face Daryl. He's got pretty eyes. They're like a blueish green.

"Whatcha starin at?" He asked.

"Oh nothing." I felt my face turn red.

A cold breeze swept over our tent. I felt the hair on my arms stick up and my body began to shiver.

"You're shaking. Come here." Daryl motioned me to scoot over by him but I hesitated. "Ellie, I don't bite." he laughed.

I finally gave in and scooted over to him. He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his chest, feeling the warmth of his body. His chin sat gently on my head, making me feel utterly safe.

"What'd you do before all of this?" He casually asked. Shit. Iv'e been dodging this question forever because the answer is going to make me sound like a spoiled bitch.

I laughed, "I didn't work at all. My parents were rich, I didn't need to work."

"What a brat." He sarcastically said.