Hide and Seek... with Boos!

Thank you to all readers, just cause. I have no excuse for why this took forever. The only real reason its up is because I got really inspired to write one of the later chapters, and I can't share that one yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You all stood there, shocked at what just happened. As the gears turned in all your minds, the first to connect the dots was Maria.

"(Y/N), DID YOU SERIOUSLY PRESS THE BUTTON!?" She yelled at you.

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT IT WAS GOING TO RELEASE A BUNCH OF BOOS!?" You yelled back. Huffing, Maria ripped off the poster that had hidden the button previously and shoved it in your face. "OH, I'M SORRY, WAS THE THE GHOST BEHIND THE BARS NOT ENOUGH OF A WARNING!?"

"U-um, ladies."

"UM, NO. IT WASN'T!"

"L-ladies?"

"Well, YOU'RE QUITE THE OBSERVER, AIN'T YA?"

"LADIES!"

"WHAT, LUIGI!?" You and Maria finally turned to the green plumber. Blushing lightly, he held up the Gameboy Horror, showing you a very unamused looking E.Gadd. "Really now, girls. Having a screaming match isn't going to put all the boos back. Why don't the three of you head back here to the Lab?" The screen flickered to black before either of you could answer.

Grumbling under her breath, Maria readjusted her Poltergust. "Welp, you heard the man. Let's go." She then proceeded to somewhat shove you out of the way as she stormed off. 

The moment she disappeared, you growled and stomped your foot. "God! I can't stand her!" You started to pacing back in forth in a line, trying not to completely rage.  "I mean, the ONLY thing we came here for was to find Mario! It's not like we came here to steal her job. Does she really need to treat us like dog crap!?"

After pacing two more times, you finally calmed yourself down.  Turning to look at your green friend, you noticed that he was simply watching you, a semi-amused look on his face, which he quickly dropped.

"Ehehe... um, maybe we should-a just go back to the Lab." He suggested, rubbing the back of his head. Smiling lightly to yourself, you nodded your head in agreement. "Yea, let's go."

Back at the Lab...

"Honestly, Maria, you could try to be a tad bit more polite." You heard E. Gadd as you descended the ladder. "Grandpa, seriously, how do you know they're not-"

"Maria Roxanne Gadd, we have talked about this! You can't try and say that someone is something they're not without proof!" 

"Well, excuse me from learning from past experience!"

You stood at the entrance, watching the two argue while Luigi finally reached the bottom. "Um... Mr. E. Gadd?"

E. Gadd and Maria finally acknowledged your and Luigi's presence. E. Gadd mumbled something quietly to his granddaughter before turning to you and Luigi. "Aw, I've been waiting for you two! Come on, we have a bit to discuss." 

Allowing E. Gadd to lead the way, you and Luigi followed him with Maria right behind you. "It seems that was the gang of ghosts that captured your brother. Poor feller." Luigi quickly started to panic.

"Ack! You don't think they hurt Mario, do you!? Oh god, what if-a one of them possessed him and had him hurt himself!? What if they're-a forcing him to do bad things!? What if they have him jump from the ro-"

"Luigi, dude. Stop acting crazy. They ain't gonna eat him or anything." Maria grumbled.

"So what do we do?" You questioned as E. Gadd led you to a large door. Opening it, it revealed a very messy room with different parts and components scattered around. Like most of the other rooms, it had no real wall, the walls simply being dirt and rocks. Other than a cluttered table and a few chairs, there was nothing else.