Chapter 4

Penelope's mother had disappeared just after she was born. So she had grown up with her father.  They were quite close but there were times when Penn didn't like her father but it was only natural. Penelope had told Robert about her mother but had never gone into detail, as she didn't know much either.

Even though Penn was feeling better, she was struggling to sleep. She had to go outside to her mother's tree, that was planted when Penn was 1 year old. She froze, she thought she saw someone stood there. "hello, can I help you?"

"Penelope. My goodness, how you've grown."

"Sorry who are you?"

"I'm your mother. Why don't you remember me?"

"You can't be. My mother died in childbirth." She paused, she heard the bell chime two times,two am. Then came the sound of footsteps running down the stairs

"Penn, i wondered where you had gone. Why are you up?"

"Couldn't sleep." She leaned into Robert and whispered "Get the guards, this woman is claiming to be my mother"

The guards came running and arrested the woman., who protested about it. Penelope was led back inside by Robert. She was very close to being ill, he didn't want that to happen.

Loui, Penelope's father, was furious about what had happened. He went to the dungeon to see his 'wife', Lola. He couldn't never understand why she left, he didn't want to.

"Lola, what are you doing here? You made it clear what you wanted when you left."

"Louis, give it a rest. I left yes but I'm back now."

"Too little too late. I've managed to grow up with father, anyway you're expecting and I don't see a wedding ring. That's enough to be hung isn't it?" Penelope interrupted.

"Yes."

Robert and Penelope were stood on the steps watching as Penn's mother was being walked up to the rope. Robert was being protective over his wife again.