call it what you want

call it what you want - taylor swift

Weeks pass by, Harry and I being completely taken in with each other. He decided to nickname me Ev, since apparently Evie was too long. It makes me laugh every time he says it.

"Do you believe in mermaids?" I ask out of the blue, my feet resting in his lap. We'd recently watched a movie about the deep sea, which got me thinking.

"Definitely. There's no way they're not real." he answers, massaging my feet. I smile softly, laying my head against the sofa cushion.

"I wish I were a mermaid. I'd have beautiful flowy hair and wouldn't have to worry about my legs." I say softly, turning my attention toward the movie. V for Vendetta is what he put on, and I have to admit I wasn't paying much attention.

"We should go to the bookstore." I suggest, turning toward him and pouting my lip. "There's new releases I haven't read yet."

"After the movie, it's almost through."

I smile softly, tugging my foot away and crawling toward him. I press a soft kiss to his cheek, curling up next to him and resting my head on his shoulder. A few minutes pass and the credits begin to roll.

"Alright, lets go little miss." he smiles, standing up from the couch and extending his hand to me. I grab his hand, pulling myself up and planting a kiss on his cheek.

"What should I read first?" I ask, interlocking our fingers and following him out the door.

"I think sci-fi." he teases, locking the door behind him. "Be open minded, mermaid girl."

"Hm. Maybe I will. If you buy us coffee." I wink, getting into the car.

"Deal. Anything to pry you away from those romance novels."

At 12am, the bookstore is pretty empty, only a few stragglers wandering aimlessly around the aisles with coffee cups clutched in their sleep-deprived hands. Harry and I, however, were full of energy as we scanned through the sci-fi section for something he thinks I would love.

"What about this?" he suggests, passing me an old, worn down book about some alien invasion.

"Ease me in." I laugh, shaking my head. "Something... more realistic."

"You're asking a lot from sci-fi, sweetie." he tells me, scanning further through the endless selection. "Here."

I take the book he offers me, flipping it over to read the summary. The book is titled 1984, featuring a dystopian society. I was instantly intrigued.

"Okay, maybe this will work." I confess, flipping to the first page. I take a small sip from my coffee, delving into the story.

"Do you wanna sit somewhere, statue?" he asks, waving a hand in my face.

"Uh, sure." I laugh softly, following him to the seating area.

"I take it you're enjoying the book."

"Very. I'm already on chapter four." I inform him proudly. "Maybe I should buy it."