Part Ten: Boundaries

I was glued to the ground, scared out of my wits and staring wide eyed. My gaze shifted from the dark faces of both men glaring like they were long enemies restricted by the ties of blood.
After what seemed like ages, I heard a cough from another person noticeably a female and the long stare contest ended.

"If you guys are done with your irritable display, I think we should get back to our hosting", it was Vivian

"Of course dear sister,  I was just exchanging pleasantries with my rather stiff brother", Damien replied with a smirk

"Well, cut it out. You are attracting so much attention to yourselves. Let's settle it later", she said
And she was right, the guests at the downstairs balcony had sparked interest in the stare off between the brothers.
I, on the other hand, held an empty tray in hand and mute lips. The situation escalated fast and I had to hold my peace or else.

Just as Damien was about to move down, he glanced at me and stopped.

"Since you are the only help around, could you get me another drink?", he held out his glass to me with a glint in his eyes
I heard Shawn's jaw click
As I took the glass to refill, I shot him a look to stand down and left.

The party was close to the end so I figured to endure all the drama and get it over with. Back at the bar, I was told the champagne was finished, so I went down to the wine cellar to get a few more.

Just like any cellar of rich people, the Williams had varieties of liquor ranging from wines, rum, shots and what not and just like the rest, all these were stashed in a creepy half lit cellar.

Turning on the light, I stepped into this alcohol room and picked out drinks but heard a noise behind me.
I quickly turned around ready to defend myself with a bottle in hand when a hand held my mouth and a familiar voice hushed me

"Shawn, what the hell", only muffled sounds came out

He released my mouth and sighed

"What do you think you are doing?", I asked
"Hide and seek", he joked with a straight face

"I figured I should apologize for my brother and his attitude", he replied

"I would say no need to apologize but I'm not in the mood. Sneaking off doesn't help matters though"

"Had to talk to you after all that and I'm sure I won't see you again this night. My relationship with my brother comes off intense and things happen so.... "

"No need to explain, I'm sure they are waiting for me and you upstairs. Your brother needs his refill remember? It's all good", I say as I walk past him

I go up first and then he does, he kept looking my way till I enter the bar

What did you expect Jess?  You are a maid

I snap out of my thoughts. I shouldn't be pissed or anything, it's part of the job plus I have been dealing with Agatha and she's a nasty piece of work.

No longer after, the guests start leaving and the hall and balcony which was once noisy became quiet.
I clear the counter and bid my colleague good morning, good thing I wasn't on cleaning duty.

"Ginnie, I'm home and Billy too", I yell with tiredness
No answer
Where could they be now?
The lights are off and the apartment feels dry like no one's been here for hours.
I switch on the light, drop my bag and search for my phone

"Gina, where are you and Billy?", I asked a tad worried
"We got bored so we are out for a walk and treat. How was your night? "

"Awful but how could you still be out by this time. It's risky, please get back here"
"I know but I needed to clear my head, I'll be there in a jiffy"