Young Jack Sparrow x Female!Reader (soulmate AU)

Author note:

You are Cutler Becket's niece through his older sister Jane Becket. When she and your father died you were sent to live with Cutler Becket at her and his wish; mainly due to the fact that she never got to join him and escape their father. All their possessions and shares in the Becket Trading Company have been left to you.

I apologise now if is really ooc but this is before Jack is a full-on drunken pirate, since it is meant to be an explanation for his drunken dead-beat trust-no-one-bar-Gibbs state.

(y/n) = your name

(l/n) = last name

(f/c) = favourite colour

-------------Begin-----------

(Y/n)'s pov:

"Havin a good day miss (l/n)?"

I turned to the maid my uncle Cutler Becket had assigned to me, a local girl named Adanna. She was robust and friendly, a true beauty. If our positions had been reversed I know I would have been incredibly jealous of her shining locks and shimmering skin.

She looked at me expectantly as she adjusted the seams on the high-collared cream dress with (f/c) highlights I had picked for dinner with my Uncle. I smiled and stepped away when she was finished.

"As well as can be expected."

The day had been tiring. From the second I had stepped foot off the ship onto the dock I knew living in Calabar was going to be tiring to say the least.

Mother always used to tell me about her favourite little brother Cutler and I had always wanted to meet him. Imagine my disappointment when he responded to my polite excitement with practically cold indifference. Before strutting off to talk with his creepy assistant.

I had been left in the hands of one of his numerous employees and settled in my rooms. Afterwards he had fetched me and introduced me to several of his business associates; parading me around like a new trophy.

He had almost made up for his less than friendly welcome at lunch. It was interesting to hear tales of my mother's youth from another perspective. I had been thrilled to discover that he had taken note of my interests from his correspondence with my late mother and my rooms were connected to a small garden which he gave me to use as I wanted AND when I told him of my love of literature he granted me access to his own personal library to further my studies.

'In that respect, he's not that bad of an uncle. But love cannot be bought.'

I looked myself over in the mirror. (H/c) hair half tied up in an intricate braid Adanna then coiled in a small loop, pinning it so it cascaded in ringlets to brush the top of my neck.

"Thank you Adanna."

She grinned. Giving me an inspecting once over, brushing invisible dust of my shoulder and skirts before nodding.

"Ye look beautiful. Yur uncle couldn' be luckier ta have a niece like you."

I sighed. "Of course, you're right Adanna, thank you." I turned to leave, Adanna following swiftly behind. I looked behind me. "Adanna, you should have your dinner, you don't need to wait on me."

Knowing she was dismissed, Adanna gave a slight curtsy and walked of down the hall. I watched her go, my only companion, before straightening slightly, forcing a grin on my face, and beginning my own journey to the parlour where uncle requested I have dinner with him.

I tried to hurry; I'd heard stories of my uncle's reputation and did not want to tarnish his view of me by being late.

In my hurry, I did not notice the figure swiftly striding from an adjacent corridor before me. Before I could stop, our bodies collided. I fell on top of the mystery figure, who gave a soft "oof" at the impact.