100. Markson's encounter (14)

Even with the rainy weather in Beijing, the two still got ice creams. They decided to walk the busy streets, passing by a few branded stores that they had once modeled for or got a sponsor.

It's funny to think that they could be wearing clothes that costed more than the rent those pop up stores, but there they were, on their cute little ice cream date, holding hands, and not minding one bit of what the people who looked at them weirdly thought. Mark was also holding an umbrella.

"Is the strawberry one good?" Mark asked, referring to Jackson's choice of flavor.

"Yeah. Try some," he offered to Mark his, which he didn't hesitate to take. Jackson used his thumb to wipe off some of the ice cream that got to Mark's chin. "Do you like it?"

Mark nodded, "But I still prefer the vanilla one."

"It's not bad too but I still think you should've went for the mint one. I thought that was your favorite."

"It is but I just felt like having vanilla," Mark shrugged.

When they saw a vacant bench, Jackson suggested they sit down. Their hands were still connected as they shared their day.

The rain was subsiding as time passed, their ice creams were already finished by then. Mark's head rested on Jackson's shoulder as he pulled up his face mask.

"Hey Mark?"

"Yeah?" the said male weakly responded.

"Do you know what day is it today?"

Mark looked up through his bangs before replying, "No. Why is there something suppose to happen that I forgot?"

"It already happened so no, but today is a special day." Jackson ended with a chuckle. Mark looked at him weirdly before sitting up to properly look at him.

"It is?" he asked.

Jackson laughed, "What date is it today?"

"July 3?" Mark answered, "Were you about to make a 4th of July joke?"

Jackson, again, laughed then pulled Mark up with him. "Let's just go back to the hotel."

On their way back, Mark kept asking what day it really was because surely Jackson wouldn't just start off like that and every time he asked Jackson would just shrug.

"Jackson, I'm sorry. Just tell me what day today is." Mark was getting frustrated with Jackson's response, clearly today meant something but Jackson still refuses to tell him up until this point.

Before Jackson could open their hotel room, he turned to Mark and said, "Okay, I'll tell you. But I'm just forearm warning you that you might punch me for being cringey as fuck."

"What?"

Jackson opened their room then proceeded to the kitchen with Mark following him. The Chinese native took out a piece of paper from the freezer, confusing Mark.

"Why is that in the freezer?"

"Because something cold needs to be kept frozen so it doesn't melt," Jackson cockily said, handing Mark the paper. Upon closer inspection, it was a screenshot of their very first text conversation.

"Happy two year anniversary of our first conversation!"

"Wait, why was this in the freezer again?"

"Because it's cold- meant to be kept in the freezer," he said with a grin.

Mark looked at Jackson with disbelief, "Oh my god."