two-slow

(y/n) wasn't sure of what was to come after she'd been pulled by the hand by a dark haired boy, bolting off into the empty suburban street. all she knew was that she was running, and she was laughing. the streetlights provided an almost magical glow to the boring neighborhood, and there was something in the way that the lanky curly haired russian moved that brought a strange feeling to her stomach, and she couldn't really tell what it was supposed to signify.

"boris!", she cried out between pants and laughs, struggling to catch her breath. she tugged on his hand and stopped for a second, bringing him to a halt. "boris, where are you taking me?"

boris turned around and pushed his black hair to the left side of his eyes, panting like a dog. "magic place. c'mon let's go." he aggressively grabbed her again and began racing down the empty road.

in other cases. (y/n) would have felt more nervous, perhaps even scared. she likely wouldn't have even gone with this boy she rarely even knew. but something in him sparked a curiosity; she was desperate to know more about him. it wasn't only because she found him attractive, though that was a playing factor. he was interesting. the way he managed to talk in ways that could be both silly and childish, yet eloquent. the way he bashed the "capitalistic evils of american society" in mrs. spears' english class hadn't failed to bring a little smile to her face. the way he spoke of thoreau's writings; boris pavlikovsky was so educated and thoughtful that it frustrated her then, sitting in the corner of the classroom, as other kids in the room chided him for his viewpoints and even his accent. they couldn't see how damn brilliant he was. but boris-he didn't seem to care. he demanded to get his point across, and so he did. that confidence he showed, despite all else, had wooed quiet, reserved (y/n) in an unexpected way. she'd always noticed him, always wanted to know him better. only now were they starting to connect.

•_•

(y/n) and boris were standing on a playground, out of breath from their run. it was small and run down, with a few swings and a slide with Dora The Explorer characters peeling off the side. the sand from the desert looked blueish-grey in the late-night, approaching dawn sky. it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, yet it wasn't too far from the neighborhood they'd emerged sprinting from. "what are we doing here?", (y/n) huffed out, looking up at boris with wide eyes despite the hour.

boris gave her a nonchalant look, and then shrugged. "chat?", he asked, and then sat down next to the slide. he pawed at the sand next to it and pulled out something; a ziploc bag of brownies. (y/n)'s jaw hung and she had to force herself to shut it. she knew that those couldn't have been just your average homemade brownies.

"wanna taste?", boris asked her playfully as he shoved an enormous bite of the crumbly chocolate treat into his mouth. he grimaced. "not very delicious today. little burnt. but hey, i think it will do the trick"

(y/n) bit her lip as she stared into boris' eyes; he looked sort of dazed with a soft smile plastered onto his face. "it's definitely hitting him", she thought to herself.

"i've never..done any drugs either, boris.", she said shakily. "i just...i don't know how I'd feel being out of control like that."

"your choice, printsessa. i would never pressure you. but...maybe you would get to explore a different part of yourself. like meeting a new person, a new part of your brain. maybe that would be nice eh?"

(y/n) stood on a ledge on one of the corners of the small playground, fiddling with her lip anxiously as she eyed the bag of space cakes.

"fuck, okay.", terrified as she was, she still pulled out boris' half eaten brownie and took a tiny bite. "mm..boris it's nice! it tastes good i don't know why you didn't like it."