Finding warmth in the cold

Mia's P.O.V.

It was early morning and the wind was cold while I was walking down the street towards a local store for some groceries. I loved the store more than the supermarket nearby, it was like going back in time. The old lady who ran the store was all so kind. It has been few days since I last talked to Uncle about the rogues. He used to call me once in a while to check upon me but I knew he got daily reports from Adrian. I could feel Adrian's presence sometimes around me. I knew he was always looking after my security. I felt good and bad at the same time. I felt guilty for being a burden which constantly put thoughts in my head. I was always thinking of alternate options how I can live on my own as this can't go on forever with Uncle worrying about me.

I thought of multiple solutions - 

I can try to heal with the help of pack doctor to get my wolf back and join Uncle's pack, I can try to train myself to be a strong wolf which seems unrealistic, but there is a 1% chance as I have strong Alpha blood in me, so I can get my strength back if I train hard with the help of the pack doctors. Still, it might not work even if I overcome physical wounds, psychological wounds might never heal. And that was the reason I lost my wolf.

Another option can be that I leave this place and go where no one knows me, like some other country where no one can suspect me to be a wolf and I go live in a place where wolves are not that many and live among humans. I can use my parents' money and sell this house and start fresh. This seemed possible but I hated this option. I really like the place. I am doing great at dance academy, my home seems like a real home to me, the place where I belong. I feel happy being close to Uncle, he is the last family I have and Adrian. Can I really leave them and be strong enough to live alone. You can uproot a plant once, but doing it again and again without letting the roots take hold, it might destroy it completely. That's how I felt. I was starting to adapt to a daily routine and be at peace.

Third option was to just live here and be in guilt. Endure the guilt. I never asked Uncle for this much help. I can try to convince him again to reduce the work Adrian do for my safety. I have already invested in some security systems. I have tried to make my house like a fortress. I am also buying a new car next week with better safety features. I keep a taser in my bag always. In dance academy, nobody would attack me as rogues would never think that a non human is present there. I have stopped going directly to dance academy. I go to a nearby mall and disguise myself and leave for the academy. I started leaving my car there and using a scooter which I park there. If a rogue finds out about me, it would be only through my house as it was our pack's Alpha's house. I always keep passport and other emergency stuff on me if I have to run one day. Once the rogue problem is solved, I can be more free in my movements. I can survive this way. This seems like a good option.

I was pondering over the various options when a sudden gust of wind came and I shivered. I did not wear that many layers. I did not have many warm clothes as my previous place was usually warm. Also, without my wolf now, I had become less immune to cold.

I saw the door of the store and quickly rushed to enter the store to escape the cold.

The old lady greeted me, "Hi, Mia. You should wear more" 

"Yeah, I am thinking of going shopping today to buy some. Thanks."

I gave her a warm smile and started picking up the  stuff I wanted. She was always nice to me and did not ask many questions but always smiled politely. I felt very comfortable in this store a hardly, I met many people and it was peaceful. The store had many unique things which seemed like antiques in one section. The lady always seemed a bit mysterious when talking about those things.