Strings

***********MIA's POV.***************

"The road which leads to you , I have walked on that road many a times thinking I will meet you. I don't know what kind of journey I am on.

I wish I could stop my heart. My heart is falling in love again.

There is nothing between us but still my heart dreams about you."

These are lyrics of a song I was listening to, lying on my bed. I was feeling at peace with Adrian's smell engulfing me.

There was a strange comfort and anxiety at the same time

I felt he is so close that I can be with him but so far that we can never be together.

I slept till afternoon peacefully and woke up very late.

I made something to eat for myself and started to eat when my phone rang. Uncle James was calling.

"Hey dear, how are you?"

"Hey uncle, I am good how are you?"

"I am good. I called to tell you that the rogues problem in the area is getting really bad. I am worried about you. You are living alone like that"

"Uncle, don't worry. I ll take care. They won't even know I used to be werewolf. I ll be another human. Nobody will harm me that way"

"Still child, you are an alpha's daughter. If they get to know, they ll come after you with everything. I can't get any rest thinking you are not safe"

"Uncle , please understand.. '

"No Mia, I can't. I can't bear you staying there when we can protect you. I couldn't protect you the first time but if I fail again, I will not be able to bear the pain. I request you to stay with us for some time, till situation is better. Please and you can take some self defense training as well here."

I felt so much pain in his words that I wanted to agree to what he said. But that would mean I would live in the same place as Adrian which I can't stand.

Adrian was not the only reason against// me staying there. I did not want to leave my parents' house. I have always been away and I have always been people who never considered me family.

Now, I am at my own place, no can say that I don't belong here. No one can hurt me here. Its my house. Its mine.

If I go stay with some other pack, there would be one or two people who will eventually question, why are you here, you are not even a wolf, you don't belong here.