16) Gianluca the Killer

Gianluca was waiting for me when I arrived. His stance, the narrowed eyes, everything about him screamed pissed. My body was roughly snatched from the vehicle and thrown at the feet of Gianluca.

I lay on my stomach, watching Gianluca stalk towards me. My eyes are opening and closing.

Gianluca uncrossed his arms. He crouch down in front of me. His face blinks in and out of focus. How could someone's eyes show so many emotions?

I could see the concern and love and the pain and hurt fighting it out behind his eyes. He wasn't sure how to feel. Neither did I.

There were a million reasons to why I was here that I could think of. With a gentle and loving caress, Gianluca touches my face. He traces the outline of my jaw and chin.

All I can do is wait for him to do something. He runs his long fingers through my hair. I gasp when Gianluca digs his fingers into my scalp. He has a tight grip on a handful of my hair.

My head is pulled backwards. Hatred fills his eyes. Gianluca reaches into his pocket with his free hand and pulls out a crumpled picture. The picture is thrust towards my face.

On it, was the image of Abel and me. It was one of the pictures Sophia had shown me. I wonder how Gianluca got it. Sophia said she wouldn't tell him.

Isn't that why I'm being taken to Italy to remove the temptation of Abel? What could have changed in such a short time?

Gianluca throws the picture away. He rises to his feet; his hand still buried within my hair. I rise with him. Pain sears my brain.

Gianluca grips never falter. He drags me along behind him. No one says a word to him when we pass by two of his maids. They remove invisible dust from an oak table and vase while the pretend to not see anything.

I receive a look of pity from both women. Gianluca leads me deep inside his home to a room I had never seen.

The room was mostly bare, containing only a king-size bed, a chair and two bedside tables.

Gianluca releases his hold. I don't move. I watch him carefully. His shoulders slump.

"I just don't understand it," Gianluca says. I remain quiet. "In a few days we would be on our way to Italy. So why? What have I done to deserve this? I've only been nice to you. You made me do this. Remember that."

Gianluca shoves me down onto the bed. Before I can adjust myself, he was climbing on top of me. His fingers reach out and grab my shirt. The buttons pop as he yanks on the fabric. Ripping the shirt from my body.

He stares down at me. His hand strikes me across the face. "This isn't how I wanted things to be. I want the first real time we shared together to be a beautiful experience, enjoyable."

He grabs my pants and yanks them from my body. I try to crawl away from him, move further up onto the bed. I want to protect myself, save myself. I never expected this to happened. I wasn't prepared for it.

Gianluca's hands grasp my ankle. He pulls me back down towards him before wrapping his fingers around my thigh. There was a fire that was burning inside his eyes as his free hand moved to his own pants.

I knew what was about happened and I hated myself. I hated Gianluca. I hated myself for being in this situation. I could have gone to the police sooner. I should have. So, why didn't I?

What Gianluca was doing wasn't right. How could he even think that what he felt for me was love. Love would not allow you to do this to someone.

After freeing himself, he entered me. There was no warning, no preparation. I brace as he shoves himself into my body. My eyes widen with the pain. A cry spills from my lips as tears gather.