Chapter One- Three men

Emerging over the vast, snowcovered hill Charlotte could see three dark figures. She pressed a pale, delicate hand to the frosty glass and closed her eyes in hope, before rushing off to the stairs and calling up "Katherine! Katheerrine! Do come down, they have arrived!"

"Charlotte! Do not shout up the stairs in such a manner! I understand that you're excited but really there is no need!" Mrs. Windsor scolded as she waddled through the drawing room door.  

"Sorry, mother" Charlotte apologised "But Katherine has said to me that she will not come down until the men have gone! Even though she is aware they will be staying for four days!" 

Mrs. Windsor tutted and called out for a maid.  

"Yes Ma'am?" 

"Agatha, go and fetch Katherine at once. And- make sure she is presentable" 

Agatha nodded and obeidiently began to walk up the grand staircase. 

"Do hurry up! The boys are approaching!"

A few minutes later Katherine ascended the staircase looking slightly ruffled and extremely muddy. 

"Katherine!" Her mother exclaimed, throwing her hands to her head "you are a young woman! Not a toddler! Clean yourself up at once!"

Katherine was dragged to the bathroom by her mother just as the doorbell rang. Mrs. Windsor gave a squel and threw Katherine to Agatha, with strict instructions of what to do with her.

Charlotte, with permission from her mother, dragged open the heavy wooden door to greet three of the most handsome men she had ever seen.

"Why, hello" She blushed, slightly flustered "I'm Charlotte. Wonderful to meet you"

The three men all began to speak at once. 

"Jack Anderson-" 

"Charles Adlington-" 

"George Ashford-" 

"-A pleasure to meet you" They all finished.  

"What a lot of A's!" giggled Charlotte " I understand you are sons of my fathers friends?" 

"Yes we are" Jack agreed, bending down to kiss Charlottes hand "You have a sister, do you not?" 

"Indeed. In fact, here she is now"

*******

"Katherine, I do believe I am in love. With all of them" 

"Honestly, you've only just met them. Why do you have to be so hopeless?" 

"I'm not! Who do you like, then?" 

"None of them!" Katherine huffed.  

"You doooooo" Charlotte teased "How about Jack? He was a darling!" She paused to examine her sisters face. "Not jack? How about the handsome Charles? No? Then it must be the dashing George?" she paused again and then let out a high pitched squeal "It IS George! My sister has fallen in love!" 

"I have not! He's just-" 

"Handsome and charming and dashing and-" 

"Yes, yes, all of that..." 

"Awww... this is your first love!"  

"mmph"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Sorry this chapters short, the next one will be longer!:D Comment if you liked it, 7 votes until I upload the next chapter?