Chapter 10

Sterling picked me up at around 4 in the afternoon, he said he’d like me to see something first.

“What is it?” I asked curiously.

“You’ll see.” He answered, sounding more excited than I am.

“This has been my favourite place since I was a kid, it’s my safe harbour.” He added.

This made me look at him, and seeing that genuine smile on his face, made me realize how pure his heart is. I smiled at him.

Then we stopped at a clearing with mid-thigh high grasses dancing through the sound of the wind. I smelled the ocean, then when we got closer, I realized this is a cliff near the sea, it has fences around it to make sure everyone’s safe. And the view was breath taking, sunset just above the big burly waves, that even as far as this, brings a refreshing sound whenever it hits the shore.

“This is beautiful!” I blurted out, amazed of what I was seeing,

” I haven’t seen a sunset as beautiful as this.”

“I’m glad you liked it, I haven’t shared it with anyone, not even with Ashea.”

This surprised me, and made me look at him, taken aback.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I just felt like you’re the right person to share this to.” He looked at me with a confident smile.

We watched the sun go down in silence and I have never felt this peaceful since.

We went down to the shore. It was still breath taking even though the sun was almost down to the other side of the world. We walked in continued comfortable silence, enjoying the warmth of the sun through the cool sea breeze. I looked down to see the sand get in between my toes, I took off my flats earlier to feel more relaxed, and Sterling did the same.

While I was enjoying the tranquil feeling of my surroundings, I noticed a different glow ahead of us. I looked up, stopped on my track and turned to Sterling then back to, now I just realized, was a candled path leading to a dinner by the beach. Gosh, this is so sweet, I have never thought of anything like this. I thought maybe we’ll have a long walk by the beach then head back and find a restaurant. But this is… I’m out of words.

We reached it with Sterling holding my hand, leading the way.

“Thank you.” Was all I could muster, with a shy smile.

“We haven’t even started yet.” He replied amused by me.

He helped take a seat then sat across me. What surprised me even more was the fact that it was not a fancy dinner at all. Hawaiian pizza, Meatball Spaghetti and Cheeseburgers, we munched on them, while having a chitchat, I know I have said this more than once but I feel like I have known him forever like I could tell him anything. Sterling surprised me even more with owl cupcakes! My favourites! How the heck did he know about all this? I have a hunch but I didn’t ask him.

“This is so sweet of you, I’m impressed! So impressed I’m out of words.” I praised, not to boost his ego, but to be honest. I know Sterling’s not that kind of guy, but I need to be utterly honest, I promised him that.

“You need not to say that, just a smile from you would be enough.” He replied shyly.

Well it’s obvious that he prepared for this and I’m flattered that he made this so special.

“Well, we’re not done yet, so save your gratitude for later.” He said smiling.

He extracted a guitar from behind him, I smiled at him,