Turn Right; Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Recap:

I started to tell her what happened inside the booth. She’s well aware that I’m afraid of storms and lightning and thunder and all that. So she wasn’t surprised when I told her,

“I freaked out when the rain got heavy and the sky was having a fit. Thunder and lightning made me jump. I grabbed his hands unconsciously which surprised him but he eventually figured out why. He comforted me Gray. He was consoling me. Then, I couldn’t help it anymore. I told him.” I told her feeling guilty.

“What?! You told him what?! Ashley! What?!” she asked curiously and excited.

Continuation:

“I told him about what happened with Jimmy.” I was quiet, Gray also grew silent which made me more anxious and guilty, and then she spoke.

“Ash, it’s okay, honestly, ofcourse I’ll get jealous because you told Nick first, but hey, as long as it did good to you it’s nothing to me, as long as it helped you to be more open about Jimmy it’s totally fine with me, no hard feelings. Promise” she stated genuinely, and I can see that she really understood.

I extended my arms to her and hugged her so tight, I want to cry but I stopped myself.

“Thank you so much ferret, for understanding me, for being always there for me, you have been so much good to me. So good than I deserve.” I confessed, totally ashamed of myself.

“Come on Ash, you’ve been more than a bestfriend to me, you’re my long lost soul sister right? We’re twins remember? Twins of fate.” She reminded me which made me love her more.

“I love you Gray. So much hon.” I told her not letting go.

“I love you more Ash, so much more.” She told me hugging back.

“Darling, enough of this melodrama. Start telling me about what you spilled on Nick.” she told me in a fake commanding voice.

“Yes ma’am!” I joked back, while letting her go.

“So, yeah, I told him. Now it’s your time to hear the whole truth what happened that night. You ready?” I asked also nervous, still uncomfortable to tell the tragedy, but this is Gray, I know she’ll listen. She just nodded, she feels nervous too, I can tell.

“I was invited to a friend’s birthday, she’s my classmate too. I used to wear dresses and skirts. That was one of those days that I wore one. I forgot it was the day of her birthday, I forgot to bring an extra pants. When I was on my way home, someone grabbed my hand. I was so surprised that I almost screamed, but I realized it was Jimmy, he was my very bestfriend Ash, he’s half of everything I am. He’s the best brother ever. He was grounded that night, because of some house rules that he broke. You know my Dad. But he broke it again, because of me. He got worried, because I don’t usually go home late. So he went after me, I was annoyed at him, because surely, dad would be mad at him more for breaking his rule again. He reasoned that he got worried so, come to check if I was fine. We we’re agreeing on how to tell dad why he broke out, and went after me. When we we’re already 4 blocks away from our lot, guys started to whistle. There were 5 of them. When they appeared in front of us, they were looking at me head to foot. I was still wearing my dress. Jimmy, being a protected brother, stepped in front of me. Then one of the drunken guys told him to let them borrow me for a while, that flared up Jimmy. One of them grabbed my hand which made me scream and alerted Jimmy. He attacked them single handedly. He was doing great. Then he told me to run for it. Ask for help, call for police. But I was glued there. Looking at him beat up those guys, he was about to lose it, so I scrambled for any piece of wood I could whack to the guy on his back. I found one and did my best to knock the guy out. Jimmy was so surprised when he saw that I was still there whacking that guy that he screamed at me. Then that was when he saw one of them carrying a knife standing just behind me and about to stab me, he run for me and pushed me aside hard that I lost my balance and slam on the ground hard that I almost losing my consciousness. When they thought that I was unconscious and that Jimmy was too they left us there. I made sure they were out of site before getting up. When I was sure that they already were, I stood up as fast as I can and rush to Jimmy’s side. He was clutching his tummy when I got there. I immediately checked what happened. Then it dawned on me, he was stabbed instead of me. It was supposed to be me Gray. Me! Not Jimmy!” I was now tears stained. It’s streaming down my cheeks. When I look at Gray, she was too.