DIECINUEVE: Puede Estar Soñando

I cried while writing this, tell me if you cried too!

ENJOY!

Miles4Espanol's P.O.V

I walked through the graveyard with my head down. It was a cloudy day and I did not want to face it. Quinton... gone? Tear tracks were dry and salty on my cheeks and the bunch of flowers in my right hand seemed too cheery for my mood.

I had deliberately missed the funeral because I could not face any one in this state I was in, I was too unstable. I walked past the many tomb stone heads until I found a new one hidden away in the corner, the ground beneath it still newly churned. I stood in front of it for a moment, reading it, before I dropped to my knees.

Quinton Karme

1996 – 2012

Loving son, brother and friend.

The words written there stung me greater than I had imagined they would. His parents did not even know our relationship, I had told them I was his friend out of fear, and had not had heart to correct myself later.

I laid the flowers down amongst the many others as new tears began to flow down my burning face. I had barely known him, and for such a short time, but in that time I had gotten to know him, and I had fallen in love with him. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and let new droplets replace them immediately. Today was the first day I had let myself cry at his death.

“Miles?” came a voice behind me, making me flinch slightly. I sniffled but did not look, I knew who it was already.

“How did you find me?” I asked Kent quietly, still staring dazed at the words written upon the tomb head. I heard his footsteps come closer and he put a hand on my shoulder to try and soothe me, but it failed.

“I guessed. There was nothing you could have done Miles, no one could have seen it coming,” he tried, but nothing would ever comfort me now. Now there was a hole inside my chest where my heart used to beat, an empty pit of despair standing open like a window letting in the cold breeze to empty out my soul.

“It should not have happened,” I sobbed, still crying, as Kent hugged me to his legs. “It should have been me.”

“You know Quinton wouldn't have wanted that,” Kent started, but I jumped to my feet and shoved him to the ground in rage and pain. He blinked up at me in shock.

“NO! I CAN NOT!” I yelled, the rage tearing me up inside. I grabbed at handfuls of my hair, wanting to tear it from my skull to stop the pain inside me. It was so strong, so powerful and overwhelming. Every cell in my body was tingling, I could not stand still. I needed to hit things, break things, I wanted something to shatter between my fingers. It just hurt so much inside I could not bare it anymore.